Self-medication

Started by Grubfist, August 21, 2016, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grubfist

It seems silly that one person will die to ANY disease if their fellow colonists are incapacitated, simply because they can't treat themselves. While it may be harder and take longer to treat yourself, you should at least be able to try.

Some people in real life have even cut their limbs off to save their lives. It is a drastic measure and likely to kill you, but it CAN save you.

CannibarRechter

Tynan would say that this is a sign that you've failed at the game. Although I'm with you; I'd rather certain basic conditions, like infections, be self treatable. The game can have added difficulty in other ways.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

cultist

Maybe base it on pain levels - if a pawn is in severe pain or worse, they can't treat themselves. If the pain is moderate or lower, they can treat themselves with a penalty to treatment quality. That's still quite restrictive when it comes to battle wounds, but it would make disease treatment more manageable.

codyjriggle

SpaceDorf

Me too :)
Especially in cases of sickness it dumbs down to taking pills, which most people I know are capable of doing by themselfes.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.