[A16] Appetite Suppressant [Outdated]

Started by O Negative, December 29, 2016, 02:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Negative

Appetite Suppressant

"Eat this. You're not yourself when you're hungry."

Summary

This rather simple mod adds the ability to produce an appetite suppressant.
They're rather cheap to buy, as well as produce.

"By significantly reducing the metabolic rate of the recipient, nutrional needs can be cut in half for up to 16 hours!"

All you need to get started is the Drug Production research, and some neutromine.
I opted not to give this its own research branch due to the complicated new research tree layout.

Practical Uses

Famine/Food Shortage:
When you're short on food, you don't want people consuming what little you have like crazy.
Having appetite suppressants in stock can cut your food consumption/losses in half, prolonging the lifepan and improving the prognosis of your colony.
Plus, unlike food, appetite suppressants don't go bad over time!

Side Effects

A lowered metabolic rate means consumption of less food, but it also means hindered pawn capabilities. Pawns under the influence of appetite suppressants are slightly slower walkers and workers. The endothermic capabilities of pawns is also hindered, meaning they cannot handle cold weather as well as they normally would be able to.

Long term abuse (20+ Consecutive Days) of appetite suppressants can lead to an individual becoming permanently frail.

Download is below, or you can find it on the Steam Workshop
Enjoy! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Knedl

Zakhad

Do they take a mood debuff from not being able to indulge in the local cuisine? Might i suggest that pawns with the ascetic trait gets a huge mood buff from taking one of these due how they want to live a modest/humble life.

O Negative

I don't like to play with the mood buffs/debuffs/thoughts system, simply because I believe it to be broken.

Perhaps when moods apply to more than just "Do I feel like doing something INSANE RIGHT NOW!?" I'll look into playing with moods and thoughts in other mods :)

O Negative

Updated to what seems to be more of a believable drug.

Stomach cancer was a bit silly to begin with :P

I've left the old attachment up for anybody who still needs it, though.

Sebastian Cigar

Hi!
Which of the two versions of this mod gives your pawns stomach cancer? The 35-kb one or the 16-ish one? Does that version remove the possibility of your colonists becoming frail? Also, what part of body is this status applied to? Torso or spine?

O Negative

Hey, sorry about the super late reply.

The smaller one with fewer downloads is the one that caused the frail hediff, while the larger one with more downloads is the one that causes stomach cancer with abuse. It looks like the frail hediff is applied to the whole body. With how the body parts currently connect to each other, you could also consider this as the torso. This mod got a serious rework* on Steam before I removed it, so I had to go back into the folders to remember lol.

*The reworked version was a lot better, in my opinion, because it applied a sort of recoverable "atrophy" to the person over a period of time. From being asymptomatic, to causing the affected individual to be less efficient in their daily lives, to putting their body's at risk of shutting down. This way, there was a reason to stop using the drug even after the person got the undesired side effects :P