[A16] Aeryl's Mods (19 Jan 2017)

Started by Aeryl, August 22, 2016, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeryl

[A16] Day/Night Switch
Download at GitHub
Download on Steam
Adds a very simple power switch that will automatically turn itself on or off during the day or night. You can configure the switch to determine when it should be be active. I created this mod to be specifically used with sun lamps since plants don't grow at night.

[A16] Temperature Gauge
Download at GitHub
Download on Steam
Adds a buildable thermometer that displays the current ambient temperature and can be configured to provide temperature based alerts. You can set it to alert you when a room gets too hot or cold. If you have ever had food rot in a freezer or plants die in your greenhouse because you forgot to check the temperature, this mod is for you.

[A16] Condition Replacement
Download at GitHub
Download on Steam
Adds the ability to replace specific medical conditions with less severe options.

- Replace cataracts with a synthetic lens
- Replace hearing loss with a hearing aid
- Replace a bad back with a plasteel disc

Synthetic lenses and hearing aids can be crafted at a machining table. Requires new "medical gerontology" research.

[A16] Traps Rebalanced
Adjusts all traps so that colonists will never spring them. They are much harder to move through, however.

An A16 version was made by Love using HugsLib. You can get it below. I have not tested this version personally so please let me or Love know if there are any problems.
Download
This version requires HugsLib.

Special thanks to Adventurer for requesting this mod.

License
Feel free to use the code in these mods however you like. The source code for all my mods can be found at my GitHub.
You may also include these in your mod pack as long as the pack is provided for free.

Aeryl

Added a new mod: Condition Replacement

This mod lets you replace a specific hediff with another in an operation.
Ex. Use hearing aids to replace hearing loss at less than 100% efficiency.

biship

Both great mods. Is the condition replacement values too high? My grandpa has a hearing aid and can't hear me for crap.

Aeryl

That's a fair point. I think I will reduce the effectiveness of some of these in the future.

Added a new mod: DayNight Switch
A very simple power switch that toggles during day or at night. Perfect for saving energy with sun lamps.

Adventurer

You seem to be modding very actively, so I have a request. Would you be able to make this suggestion I posted a reality?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24505.0

Aeryl

I might be able to do something like this. The hard part will be modifying movement speed but I'll give it a shot.

For the record, I made all of these mods quite some time ago for my own personal use; I just decided to pack them up and release them recently. I'm not that fast, I swear!

Adventurer

You could look at the way the rocks or slags or whatever they're called in-game work, pawns can move over them but avoid them if possible and move slowly over them.

Aeryl

Quote from: Adventurer on August 23, 2016, 09:12:11 AM
You seem to be modding very actively, so I have a request. Would you be able to make this suggestion I posted a reality?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24505.0

All done! It turned out to be a lot easier than I expected! Please let me know what you think and if you think it needs to be tweaked at all.

Added a new mod: Traps Rebalanced.
Colonists will never spring traps but they are much slower to walk through.

BlackSmokeDMax

Adventurer

Thank you! You misspelled 'Traps Rebalanced', though, both in the OP and the archive/folder of the mod. Just thought you should know.

Aeryl

Oops... Thank you for letting me know. It should be fixed now.

Defection

Can you maybe make a mod that instead of making animals sterile, you can artificialy impregnate animals so you don't have to wait for them to mate? Idea is to take sample from male (tamed) animal and inject in female (also tamed) animal (and use of glitterworld medicine would be nice for OP reasons) and the rest is natural. ;D

Aeryl

That's a really interesting idea! I'll see what I can do. No promises though.

Adventurer

Hey Aeryl, A15 is out, any ETA on an update?

I really want to get Traps Rebalanced up and running in particular.