[A14-15] MOD REQUEST - Bees

Started by Kiwih, August 22, 2016, 09:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwih

Hey modders.

I got a request to someone who knows how to mod the game (I cannot figure it out)
But I got an idea of a "mod" there can be quite usefull.
Iv'e already written to Tynan to see if he wants to make it, in the core game.
BUT!

When it gets winter/the ground gets set on fire/when u populate a place (colony), grass disappear.
This is very tragic, because it help getting animal into the "map", and help feeding you're own animals.

I've tried to "cheat" and using the "spawn grass seed", but its waaaaay to slow.

So I Thought, with all those fantastic animals in the game..
Why not implement bees? To help growth of trees, flowers and such? Then u can get honey and build beehives too ?
Just a thought

AtomicRavioli

The game periodically regens the plant life if the conditions allow for it. If you have trouble feeding animals, consider making kibble and growing hay grass for feeding them.

On the topic of bees... If plant life couldn't grow because of it being eaten, frozen, burned, etc. I couldn't imagine how bees would be the solution to the problem. Either way, bees would only be practical to add as a building, passively producing honey as a supplemental food source. Bees as pawns would really fall outside the scope of the game.

kaptain_kavern

Seikikai

Looks Like An Interesting Idea :D

It Could Work Using 2 Pawns: Bee And Queen Bees; And 1 Structure, Bee Hive. Bees Won't Spawn Naturally, But Queen Bees Will Do It. Every Time A Queen Bee Spawn The Pawn Will Check If There's A Bee Hive At Map, If There Isn't Queen Bee Will Choose A Random Place Near Trees And Will Build A Bee Hive Over A Tree. If There Is 1-3 Bee Hive At Map There Will Be A Chance Of 30% That Queen Bee Build A Bee Hive. If There Are Already 4 Bee Hives Queen Bee Will Have A Behaviour Similar To Trade Caravans, Will Wander For 2 Days Then Leave.

Bee Hives Will Be Similar To Bug Hives, Them Will Spawn Bees Until There Be 6 Bee-Pawn For Each Bee Hive. In A Similar Way Animals Spawn Animal Filth, Bees Will Spawn Small Plants Like Grass Or Flowers. Bees Doesn't Need To Eat But Them Will Eat Any Vegetable Type Food If Them Are Near To It.

Also Can Be Added Jars To Capture Queen Bees (So You Can Create A New Bee Hive If Quee Bee Doesn't Spawn After A Cold) Or Bees (To Use Them As Traps/Weapons. Also Artificial Bee Hives Can Be Added.

thedee05

I think simple is best. Here are my ideas for the mod as a beekeeper IRL.

• Honey Bees have a chance of starting out naturally on the map in sub tropical to tropical areas. Maybe a new tree graphic with a hole in it.
  • Bees look like a shifting ball or mass at the hive and look like seeds particles else where on the map.
  • Colonist can build hive boxes
  • Colonist can make Vail and coat for handling bees.
  • Colonist can capture bees and place them in hive boxes. This would be like taming
  • Colonist can harvest honey
  • Bees Produce Honey, this is a percentage like milk animals. It can be in the hive boxes or in the tree.
  • Harvesting from tree takes a chance of attack.
  • Honey can be similar to buckets of milk ,gluttonous food, can can be use in meals and to brew mead.
  • Above 50°F they forge and do normal bee things
  • 45°F to 0°F they stay in their hive boxes but the honey percentage in the hive starts to decline. When it hits zero hive health starts to decline.
  • -1°F and below hive health declines and fails when health is a zero
  • Flowers and vegetables increase speed of honey production.
  • Hives on fire drives the bees out of hive and they become "wild" again.
  • Like all animals bees have chance of becoming manhunters.
  • Bees swarm(positive term meaning splitting to make another hive not attacking) in the spring. They will go to a tree if there is no empty hive nearby.
  • Bees can be purchased from traders.
  • Bees can be stored inside if there is food.
Ideas that would be neat but make it more complicated

• Bees have a defined distance they will fly.
  • Bees increase the speed of vegetable growth.(Doesn't work that way IRL)
  • Colonist can have an Allergy to bees.
  • Wax amount is tracked in %.
  • Wax can be harvested when manually right clicked, otherwise they will only harvest honey.
  • Remaining Honey is harvested when wax is harvested with 10% buff in honey harvested.
  • Harvesting wax stops honey production until wax is back at 100%.
  • Harvesting wax allows for candles to be crafted or mixed with healroot to make a slightly better medicine.

christianmc1101

Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung