In Search of a Mod:

Started by antibodee, August 20, 2016, 10:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antibodee

I usually work with far larger populations that what was intended with the spirit of the game, but suffice it to say, it gets hard to control after about 120. 

I'm hoping there is a mod that exists that I can either rearrange colonists on the work screen, or create groups where I can one click select all my warriors/cooks or something to that effect.  Anything that would assist in managing this... horde of pawns, would help.

Thank you, big fan of Tynan, big fan of you modders.  You kept this game fun for me.

BaconBits

Have you tried Fluffy's Colony Manager ? It automates the more tedious parts of colony management.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

robotguy4

If you haven't tried already, try some of Fluffy's tab mods. They won't fully solve your control and command problems, but it will help.

Ninja'd....

Mendel

Just out of interest, how do you end up with such massive amounts of pawns?

Helpful Bot

I think that sometimes less is more. Granted, I play randy random extreme and by self-imposed semi-hardcore rules (I only can load in cases of game glitches, fuckups relating to not understanding the mechanics of something, or playing when I have no business playing a game that requires thought). Out of my 3 major games that have lasted in-game years (3 on my longest), I've only accumulated 9 Colonists on my longest max. When i let in crappy colonists they endanger my best and most stable; be it from affairs, insults, social fighting, berserking, taking good equipment or even going where they don't belong. I let in some cannon fodder douche nozzle bloodlust guy who had a social fight but brought a freaking knife out and just straight up killed my doctor. If you have that many colonists at day 120, then you must be playing a give-me-your-sick-and-poor colony and in a less-hostile world than I am.

antibodee

Thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out. 

And for the record, they are a clone army.  Over 300 died just mining the base out.  I didnt even bother feeding them.  Just let them eat eachother unbutchered and uncooked.  A total of over 4000 colonists died in the making of my perfect utopia.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Mendel on August 20, 2016, 07:39:54 PM

In Theory, just mess around with the Story teller xml, set a higher desired cap and but don't quote me on this, she (or he) should strive to get you near that cap before almost immediately fucking you over XD
Claims to know most things.

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 22, 2016, 10:46:55 PM
Quote from: Mendel on August 20, 2016, 07:39:54 PM

In Theory, just mess around with the Story teller xml, set a higher desired cap and but don't quote me on this, she (or he) should strive to get you near that cap before almost immediately fucking you over XD

Better, don't mess with the xml at all and use my Custom Population mod.  ;)

</shameless plug>
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.