Assign bed for prisoner

Started by Ukanda, August 23, 2016, 09:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukanda

Please make us to assign bed for prisoner to prevent them from fight each other

SpaceDorf

Wut ?

Lets answer the possibilities of what you were asking.

A.) You don't know how to assign a bed for prisoners.
Answer: Select a bed, you now have a bar with different options for the bed. ( see Screenshot )
The Second option is to change the bed into a prisoner bed.
For this to work, the bed has to be in a enclosed room ( walls on four sides + a door )

B.) Your Prisoners are fighting each other
Answer: Set up another prisoner bed in another room, and set the bed for one of the fighting prisoners to medical. ( and all free beds )
A warden will then transport the prisoner to another room.

C.) Colonists are fighting each other.
Answer: Draft nearby colonists and try to arrest the fighters. For this to work you need to have setup a prison the way I described in answer A. ( quick solution, set the bed in the colonists room as prisoner. )
If this does not work, melee attack the fighters and take them to your Hospital, Medical Beds.

If you do not have time to build a bed, or have no prebuild bed, a sleeping spot will suffice.
Just slap a sleeping spot in a enclosed room, your food store for example, and set it as prison.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Ukanda

you can set bed  owner for your colonist right? so what i suggest is we should set bed owner for prisoner to

SpaceDorf

True to Murphy, the only interpretation I missed was the right one.

Pretty good suggestion, would be helpful and feels like something that should have been there all along.
Why didn't you say so in the first place :)

Although I don't get who is fighting and why ?

Ukanda

Sry im not native english. When prisoner from faction A, faction B have bad relation they like to fight each other. So sometime i want to design room seperate prisoner faction A and B  to prevent them fight each other. But it hard to do that cuz u cant set bed owner for prisoner

cultist

You can flip the beds from non-medical to medical (and back again) to reset bed ownership. But I agree it's fiddly and a better option would be good.

SpaceDorf

I see it the same way, it would be a good option to sort prisoners and not only by faction.

Well you can forbid the doors when you capture the prisoneres of those different factions at different times.
So the factions can only be brought to one room.

Ukanda

Hope tynan will add this for us

Ragnarok

Instead of having one room as a prison with multiple beds, do separate rooms with a bed for each prisoner. If you got 4 prisoners, make 4 rooms with a bed marked for prisoners in each. You may not be able to designate which prisoner goes to which room but atleast it will prevent fights if they aren't in the same room.