A14.1249 If prisoner goes berserk after release, he never leaves the map

Started by makkenhoff, August 24, 2016, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makkenhoff

So, I had a strange set of circumstances lead up to this; I wouldn't call it common. But, I released two prisoners, at the same time. They both left to the east, I presumed I only got credit for one prisoner with the tribal faction in question. Later, after a reload, I discovered he had gone berserk after he was released, and then failed to properly leave the map after his recovery. All of my colonists felt this innocent prisoner had died under our care, despite having released him in relatively good physical health, and rather below average mental state.

Expected behavior: Upon recovering from his mental breakdown, it was presumed he would still exit the map.

Resulting behavior: Released pawn failed to leave the map after mental breakdown recovery, despite being physically able to leave, and having good mental health.

ItchyFlea

Unable to reproduce.
Do you still have the saved game where this bug is present? If so, can you please post it here. You'll need to zip it up with something, like 7-Zip.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

makkenhoff

Well, I actually don't have the original save game where it occurred; I figured it was safe to delete, as it seemed easy to repeat; but I was able to reproduce it on a different save game on the same build. *adding more starting here* On a hunch, I reloaded my save, and tried it again, and this time, the behavior was different. I'm not sure if some weird emerging behavior is what's going on here; that I'm not seeing the same reaction every time; but it is making an exact reproduction hard. I'll try again tomorrow when I have some spare time.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

eadras

I had a similar situation occur, in which I released two prisoners and one went berserk near the edge of the map.  He knocked down the other prisoner, wandered around aimlessly, and they both died of hypothermia after a few hours.  There was no option to give them medical attention or to arrest them, the only option I had was to put them in cryosleep caskets. 

makkenhoff

@eadras Yeah, that's pretty much what happens post release, I think it is causing the bug I'm reporting; I think if you recruit and try it, you can "arrest" them, but it is treated as a new arrest, subject to faction penalties; It is somewhat related to my issue, if not being influenced by it.

Something like, prisoner is released, goes 'berserk', then when it gets 'better', instead of going into the next appropriate tick with orders to leave the map, it hesitates and perhaps jumps into a different category, such as a guest or visitor; leading to the staggering?