Colonists refusing to eat?

Started by Somz, July 26, 2014, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somz

A group of raiders were besieging me, another group dropped on me, still I managed to save a great deal of buildings including the storage room, cooking stove and a geothermal generator, but my idiotic colonists simply refused to eat, instead they were hauling dead bodies, weapons, metal from the other side of the map, I forbid everything so they started cleaning and having mental breakdowns around 10 lavish meals and about 800-800 potatoes/berries... Someone please tell me what the actual f...
Thanks.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Shinzy

Quote from: Cyst on July 26, 2014, 01:01:35 PM
A group of raiders were besieging me, another group dropped on me, still I managed to save a great deal of buildings including the storage room, cooking stove and a geothermal generator, but my idiotic colonists simply refused to eat, instead they were hauling dead bodies, weapons, metal from the other side of the map, I forbid everything so they started cleaning and having mental breakdowns around 10 lavish meals and about 800-800 potatoes/berries... Someone please tell me what the actual f...
Thanks.

could you have a prison area gotten breached in your food area? if you got bombarded as hard as it sounds the prison walls could be busted

I'm not sure what else could cause that

Somz

Quote from: Shinzy on July 26, 2014, 01:04:53 PM

could you have a prison area gotten breached in your food area? if you got bombarded as hard as it sounds the prison walls could be busted

I'm not sure what else could cause that

Hm, that might be possible, a 153 mortal raid and a 98 raid in drop pods (gotta love the pawncounter of the Mai mod), wrecking the place. If so, the colonists will not eat until the two zones are separated again?! o_o
That's new to me.
Anyway, it's good to know, thanks for the info. :)
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Rahjital

You can confirm this by right clicking one of the items they refuse to use. If it says they cannot haul because it is "socially improper", then it is a prison room breach.

BetaSpectre

I think Tynan should make the players decide what is socially improper.
I don't like starving do you?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

bjo0rn

A recurring scenario for me is that the colonists are both tired and hungry but prioritize sleep despite there being food available and then get mental breakdown during the night. Surely it would be better to eat first and then sleep!

BetaSpectre

Micro it

Prison their bed, draft them, undraft them, watch them eat. Unprison their bed. Boom
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Shinzy

Quote from: bjo0rn on July 26, 2014, 09:07:35 PM
Surely it would be better to eat first and then sleep!

NO! eating right before sleeping is health risk

*ahem*
I haven't tried betas way of doing it
I've usually just waited till they reach bed and then draft undraft
and they go eat
that saves you two extra steps with the beds! =P you still have to watch them eat though