[0.14.1249 rev958] Pawns never stop trying to attack target after gone

Started by munsta0, August 24, 2016, 11:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munsta0

I don't have a save game at the moment with the bug, when it happens again I'll make a save.

I'm on the latest steam version, which I *think* is 14e.

What happened.
A raid happened, got all of my pawns out the base to defend, successfull repel the attack and they flee. Several hours later I notice a pawn massively unhappy, track her down to see she's standing next to the door leading outside, not moving. She's not recruited. Her action said something along the line of "attacking XXX". The person she was trying to attack was probably one of the guys that fled. I fixed her up by recruiting her then unrecruiting her, resetting her current action.

What you expected to happen.
Once the door closed on her and she lost line of sight, she should of considered the threat over and moved along. Perhaps after a length of time and definitly once the person left the map

As far as step by step I really don't have a clue at the moment, if I figure more out I'll update this thread with more info.

Ark

I have a save here.
RimWorld 0.14.1249 rev958 (Alpha 14 e) Linux 64 bit drm free. No mods.

A colonist with a ranged weapon, set to attack nearby enemies when not drafted, researching near a door.
A cat briefly opened the door, the colonist saw a manhunting hare, started aiming, the door closed before she could fire, stuck attacking hare.
She can be drafted, prioritized etc to snap out of it. Changing the undrafted behavior towards enemies to 'flee' or 'ignore' does not cancel the attack.
If left alone, she will keep 'attacking', but not firing at, the hare, untill she collapses due to exhaustion, or the cat decides to eat the hare for breakfast.
She will not change targets if a pirate is spawned inside the building and starts pinging her with a pistol.
She will change targets if a mercenary slasher is spawned inside the building and starts whacking her with a club.

She propably should snap out of it when she is done aiming and there is no line of sight? Or seek possible alternative targets?

Fairly easy to replicate by placing armed colonists set to attack in a building with a door, spawning pirates outside, and marching someone through the door, opening and closing it, so the undrafted colonists inside get a bead on the pirates.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

munsta0