[A18] Improved Surgery

Started by twoski, August 24, 2016, 11:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I tried to create patches for this mod to go along with EPOE standalone and EPOE + Realistic Medical System for EPOE. Let me know if it works for you! I did some basic testing and organs were getting initial rejection / prosthesis had the "just installed" modifier, failures resulted in Improved Surgery's failure state.

Steam Workshop links here.

Place after EPOE/RMS/ImprovedSurgery in your load order.

EPOE + RMS + IS + Patch

EPOE + IS + Patch

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

twoski

Cool,  if you could put it on steam i can link it on the steam page for this as well since i get people asking about epoe periodically.

Dingo

I'd like to know if it works for people, though (in a long running game, I tested it very briefly). I have 0 coding knowledge/experience, I just looked at your DLL and the XML files and decided to give it a go.

twoski

i added links to those compatibility patches, cheers

Dingo

Made some untested patches for Glitter Tech. Uploading here for people who don't want to use the Workshop / don't have a Steam copy.

First one is for Glitter Tech, second one for Glitter Tech (No Surgery).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Serenity

I'd also love compatibility with DE-Surgeries. Though to be honest, at the moment having what's there behave properly is probably more important than more options.

okiri

I don't know if its a compatibility issue but when I use this mod along with de surgeries and epoe(w/ patch) anesthesia on patients stay even though they don't have the debuff on their health tab. This happens with any surgery.     

twoski

i haven't seen this issue with this mod installed alone, are those mods known to conflict with eachother?

Dingo

I'd wager it has something to do with a HeDiff that gets applied but then conflicts between the mods.

123nick

if i were using EPOE, RMS, AND glittertech (no surgery), would i use the 2 patches? the epoe + RMS patch, AND the glittertech (no surgery) patch?

okiri

Quote from: Dingo on September 07, 2016, 05:21:14 PM
I'd wager it has something to do with a HeDiff that gets applied but then conflicts between the mods.
After the ticks for anesthetic finish they stay unconscious with a 10% I entered dev mode and healed the brain which caused them to wake up, but this is not what I want :(

twoski

i don't think my mod would cause that problem, it doesn't apply any hediffs of that nature.

Dingo

@123nick, I actually answered that question on the Workshop too! So here's my answer there:

QuoteThe "Glitter Tech (No Surgery)" patch enabled Improved Surgery for exactly 1 artificial part which is the exoskeleton, so yeah I don't see why it wouldn't work. There is an internal logic to it if you ever take a look inside the mod folders (I don't do anything to the code, only the specific surgeries).

If you want to use that mod combo I recommend you have the following load order:
*Glitter Tech (No Surgery)
*EPOE
*RMS
*Improved Surgery
*Glitter Tech NS + Improved Surgery Patch
*EPOE + RMS + Improved Surgery Patch

Having said that, if Glitter Tech and EPOE conflict in other ways this won't fix it for you.

@okiri I'm pretty sure Improved Surgery isn't responsible for your troubles, it's likely a conflict between DESurgeries and EPOE.

okiri

I think it was my bionic Lumi which is 66 years old and anesthisia hits her like a truck, 12 days to wake. Although i disabled desurgery...thanks for the help

123nick

Quote from: Dingo on September 08, 2016, 12:47:02 AM
@123nick, I actually answered that question on the Workshop too! So here's my answer there:

QuoteThe "Glitter Tech (No Surgery)" patch enabled Improved Surgery for exactly 1 artificial part which is the exoskeleton, so yeah I don't see why it wouldn't work. There is an internal logic to it if you ever take a look inside the mod folders (I don't do anything to the code, only the specific surgeries).

If you want to use that mod combo I recommend you have the following load order:
*Glitter Tech (No Surgery)
*EPOE
*RMS
*Improved Surgery
*Glitter Tech NS + Improved Surgery Patch
*EPOE + RMS + Improved Surgery Patch

Having said that, if Glitter Tech and EPOE conflict in other ways this won't fix it for you.

@okiri I'm pretty sure Improved Surgery isn't responsible for your troubles, it's likely a conflict between DESurgeries and EPOE.

thanks! IIRC, glittertech and EPOE never conflicted before, so i dont see why it would now.

edit: another thing i just realized, A Dog Said, does it conflict/work with that mod too ? i assume it may need yet another patch.