Kit the researcher and a wild Thrumbro

Started by John_Bigless, August 25, 2016, 08:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Bigless

So, it started out like this. The pirates from Lance Outfit wanted to raid us, and they bumped into a wild thrumbro that did not have a nice day. The thrumbro began attacking the raiders, but the raiders downed the thrumbro in numbers leaving it there with a death sentence. After the raiders struck our base (and failed catastrophically) i sent out my best medic to take care of the wild thumbro. After a few minutes of healing, suddenly the thumbro and Kit developped a bond. and suddenly, the thrumbro became one of ours. She named the thrumbro Grover.

Here are two pictures.
http://prnt.sc/ca8lv9
http://prnt.sc/ca8m34

Darkhymn

That's awesome! I didn't know that colonists could bond untamed animals. I need to test this!

Edit: I love that the thrumbo has brain damage from the pirate attack. I invision a derpy drooling thrumbo named Grover wandering around a colony licking walls, and it makes me happy.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Darkhymn on August 26, 2016, 03:52:13 PM
That's awesome! I didn't know that colonists could bond untamed animals. I need to test this!

Edit: I love that the thrumbo has brain damage from the pirate attack. I invision a derpy drooling thrumbo named Grover wandering around a colony licking walls, and it makes me happy.
My opinion of thrumbos : Giant balls of fluffy fur.

linkfanpc

I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \

cultist

Pawns will often bond with animals while healing them. However, I did not know bonding automatically tamed an animal as well.

John_Bigless

Quote from: cultist on September 02, 2016, 09:44:55 AM

Pawns will often bond with animals while healing them. However, I did not know bonding automatically tamed an animal as well.
If the animal is wild, turns out yes.

mcgnarman

Never thought about healing wild animals like that... I always just took the chance to kill them :O

John_Bigless

Quote from: mcgnarman on September 05, 2016, 12:42:40 AM
Never thought about healing wild animals like that... I always just took the chance to kill them :O
I didn't actually know what made me heal the wild animals in the first place, suddenly now just realized it gives your healers a chance to farm exp.