[MOD] [Alpha 2] Useless Crap and Overpowered Turrets

Started by AlyxMS, March 10, 2014, 11:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlyxMS

Sorry for my English as I'm not a native speaker.
------
This post includes 2 mods that I made for myself just for fun.
Then I found this forum so I decided to release them.

Screenshots are attached so you can see how they looks.

The first mod is "Useless Crap"
It adds 3 useless craps to the game.

The first one is sleeping bag.
I made that because sleeping spot is unacceptable for me and bed looks pretty odd outside.
It is cheaper (only 5 metal) than a bed and quicker to build but a little bit less efficient (0.9 compared to bed which is 1.0) however it's better than a 0.8 efficiency sleeping spot.

The second one is Strawberry Hydro-whatever-that-word-is-pronounced basin
Not having a option to choose what to grow on the hydrothingy is just not fun.
So I made a Strawberry version of the original one.
It still requires the research, however it's very expensive. (40 metal compared to 25 metal for a normal one). Mostly because berries would not give a negative motive when eaten raw.

The third one is the toilet.
Yup, a toilet. It's basically a chair. Eating while sitting on a toilet is what you do in Crashville, don't ask me, it's the traditions.

------
The second mod is Overpowered Turrets
It adds 2 turrets to the game.
Featuring awesome sound effect and turretish looking.
However I didn't bother to balance this mod, it's pretty overpowered.
Most raiders would just be shot to death instead of knocked unconscious.
If you are tired of endless raiders or you wanted to tune them on your own this is the mod for you.

One is the heavy turret drone. It's very tough and it's pretty damn effective against mid range enemies as the heavy machine gun mounted on top of it would tear the enemy to pieces. The draw back is it's very expensive. (450 metal)

Another one the overwatch turret drone. Basically a sniper turret. It shoots as far as a M24 but with way higher frequency (18 rounds per minute), slightly lower damage and a little bit higher accuracy. It's pretty weak (145 hit points) and still very expensive (400 metal)

Oh, one thing comes with this mod is C4 Charges, basically the same as blasting charges. It does not require the research, cheaper and have a smaller blast radius.

Pictures are attached and please comment so I can know it's good or utterly terrible.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

OnyxShadow

I really like some of this stuff.

One thing. I find the idea of all my 20+ colonists all getting together once a day so they can poop and eat together to be extremely hilarious!

a89a89

this sounds like some cool beans! also will you have to make a new world for this to work?

AlyxMS

Quote from: a89a89 on March 10, 2014, 09:45:13 PM
this sounds like some cool beans! also will you have to make a new world for this to work?

Nope, just tick this mod in the mod options load up your save and you will find all new things in the architect menu.