Warg Man hunter Pack + Traders = Carnage

Started by Njn0225, August 25, 2016, 09:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njn0225

So one day were all sleeping, enjoying life, then a MASSIVE pack of Wargs come on by, luckily we have plenty of food so they're not a problem, just stay in the base and we'll be fine, next thing you know a group of traders pop in through an open area of my base in the corner of the map, they pass through the house and walk on outiside only to be slaughtered by all the Wargs, there are currently a couple of survivors but I have a feeling they may bleed out before we get the chance to save them, but if they do make it we'll save em and send them on their way. Until then, have fun squirming on the ground for a day or so.
P.S. My prisoners aren't attached to the main bases through an indoors entrance so they may be starving for awhile.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

MisterVertigo

I've had this happen a few times. It's great when you get a raid at the same time as a manhunting herd of Rhinos! :)

In your situation with the traders, does anyone know if you take a faction hit when the caravan is wiped out?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Wex

I got a raid during a muffalo mahunter event.
Easiest raid ever.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

kasnavada

I had an infestation occur on a small room next to the mountain side.

I left it there (I was caring about more important stuff, like my people not dying of plague).

Then a group of sappers tried to go into my base... through the infestation  ;D.

Darkhymn

I had this happen yesterday, but it got better. Once the traders were either all dead or downed, a pirate raid fired, and the pirates tried to use the same entrance the wargs were camped in front of. A lot of gunfire and screaming later, I sent out a mop-up team to finish off the wargs (who were chasing down the fleeing pirates) and found myself with a full prison, a full larder and as a bonus managed to rescue a few of the traders for relations bonuses.

OFWG

Quote from: MisterVertigo on August 25, 2016, 09:28:12 PM
I've had this happen a few times. It's great when you get a raid at the same time as a manhunting herd of Rhinos! :)

In your situation with the traders, does anyone know if you take a faction hit when the caravan is wiped out?

You do not, unless your defenders (including auto turrets :P) FF one of the caravan.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."