[A15.1276] Drug name changes cause error in world loading

Started by landerbui13, August 26, 2016, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landerbui13

I apology if this has been asked before, but how do I fix this?
I dug around online then dove into the log (attached below), and found that apparently the name change is wrecking some havoc in there.
Please, my colonists need me.
Thanks in advance for your help.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

NolanSyKinsley

Please check the forum for existing reports of an issue before posting a new one.

You have to edit the save, find the old names and replace it with the new names, look in the A15 thread for an example.

CannibarRechter

When a software developer says his releases are "unstable," what he means is that they are subject to constant updates and changes, and that savegames may not be compatible. He does not necessarily mean that the builds are crashy. They might be, or might not be.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

landerbui13

Slan

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 26, 2016, 03:23:35 PM
When a software developer says his releases are "unstable," what he means is that they are subject to constant updates and changes, and that savegames may not be compatible. He does not necessarily mean that the builds are crashy. They might be, or might not be.

Please : do not repeat over and over this kind of things : people are aware of what is an "Unstable" version and he was not complaining : just asking if there is a possibility to fix it or not ...

Calahan

@ landerbui13 - (I'll more-or-less just repeat what I just said in another such thread). As NolanSyKinsley says, you might be able to edit the save files with a text editor, but that's another topic altogether (and best asked in General Discussion rather than Bugs).

I'll lock this now since it's not really a bug (or at least not an unknown/unexpected one), and it appears to be resolved.

@ NolanSyKingsley - Once again, thanks for the assist on this issue.