need help whith mods

Started by yawningrover, August 26, 2016, 09:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yawningrover

hello I'm new but I'm trying to get mods so after 7 zip I drag them into the mod folder and fire up rimworld but it says to write alpha 14 or something on it but it is for that version please help me.

Alistaire

you will want to unpack the archives.

yawningrover

Shinzy

Right click on the zip file, there'll be an option to extract or unpack the file
Sometimes when you unpack a zip it'll create it's own folder for it, too which would make the game to not recognise the mod files in there

so make sure the folder path looks like this:

and not like this

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: dave356515 on August 26, 2016, 09:53:04 PM
hello I'm new but I'm trying to get mods so after 7 zip I drag them into the mod folder and fire up rimworld but it says to write alpha 14 or something on it but it is for that version please help me.

If it say that you have to write alpha 14 it may because you tried to use a A15 mod with a A14 rimworld no? Could you provide more information please?

yawningrover

can you simplyfly that I'm new to rimworld and stuff

yawningrover

Master Bucketsmith

Your game version and the mod version needs to be the same. Both A14 or both A15.
You get that error, most likely, because your game is A15 but you tried installing an A14 mod.

It would help you if you gave us some more complete information on what you have installed, what you're trying to install and any questions/uncertainties you're having during that process. :)

yawningrover

so I have epoe vegetable garden v4.oc industrialization_v1.14 and glitter tec all say alpha 14 and I currently run alpha 14 I tried apha 15 mods thay say the same

Master Bucketsmith

Is it the Ludeon site download/install or Steam install?

yawningrover

Master Bucketsmith

Well, if you follow the instructions in this thread it should work.
So the question is; what's making it not work? ;)

When you boot up the game, what version number does it say in the top left?

yawningrover

0.14.1241 rev1011 that's what it said

Master Bucketsmith

Hmm. Well, you could go into the About folder and open up the About.xml for each mod you have installed and manually check (or alter) if they're set to 0.14.1241.

yawningrover

in the mods they say 0.14.1249 is that something