need help whith mods

Started by yawningrover, August 26, 2016, 09:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

That is such a minor difference. It might warn you, but it shouldn't give you an error.

Go into your RimWorld folder, open the RimWorldWin_Data folder and then open output_log.txt.
Copy the contents to a reply here, but be sure to put [ code][ /code] tags around it! (Without the spaces in the example, of course.)

yawningrover

Mod EPOE 1.72 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1241</targetVersion>
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
this is for epoe

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: dave356515 on September 16, 2016, 10:04:22 PM
Mod EPOE 1.72 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1241</targetVersion>
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
this is for epoe
Ah yes, see. Double check to see if you have that EPOE installed properly, because it is most likely missing the About.xml in the right place.

yawningrover

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: dave356515 on September 21, 2016, 10:54:08 PM
sorry but can you simplify that I'm new to modding

There is nothing inherent to modding in Shinzy's post. It's all basic computer skills.  ;)

Quote from: Shinzy on September 01, 2016, 03:56:46 AM
Right click on the zip file, there'll be an option to extract or unpack the file
Sometimes when you unpack a zip it'll create it's own folder for it, too which would make the game to not recognise the mod files in there

so make sure the folder path looks like this:

and not like this

I really don't know how it could be made any simpler than the basic and clear way Shinzy wrote it.
Perhaps you could ask more specific questions on what you're having trouble with? :)

Facepunch

Right click on the .zip file, select "Extract", going off memory (I don't use 7zip) it should open a window with a folder in it. Click and drag the folder into Rimworld's mod folder.

Because your issue is probably with EPOE, you will need to delete the old EPOE install by clicking the EPOE folder and pressing the delete button on your keyboard.  After that, follow the above and see if it works

If it still isn't working, it probably didn't download properly, or the issue lays elsewhere. Download EPOE again, and follow the above.

Edit: Off the top of my head, GlitterTech used to be incompatible with EPOE I think, but I dont remember it throwing error messages.

Master Bucketsmith

Oh yeah, you should use the GlitterTech (No Surgery) version when you want to use EPOE with it!

yawningrover

thanks i got it to work and it helped you really did help

yawningrover

this is problem a noob question but how do I update the game. I don't have the steam version

Jaxxa

yawningrover

yawningrover

wait I don't have steam so if I uninstall then wont it delete it.