Previous topic - Next topic

Which theme would you prefer to see in games

Warhammer 40K
Starwars
Both!
Something else

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Berengar on September 02, 2016, 04:13:26 PM
here is my old star wars mod, hope it helps. :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8370.0

In due time, it will my friend. Thx a lot. You are all great folks letting other using your works like that. I personally think the same way (in fact I don't even put copyright mention in my mod threads and always put them on Github, that way anybody can fork and continue/expand) but I already had clashes here for that. So thx a lot again

SpaceDorf

HIIII HOOOO ! *dorfs gotta sing* HiHO HiHO ..
i like my modding so ..
I made a heart, I made a heart
with my machine out of parts
hi ho hi ho ..

now it's copy and paste again *sob*
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

SpaceDorf

Hi guys, I need a little input here,
how much stronger and harder should the space marines be than normal pawns ?

at the moment I try to balance the implants in a way, that the Marines are at 150% in all health functions except eating and talking. On top of this I try to give every bodypart 50% more hp.
Do you think this is to much, not enough ?

Also I would like to know which bodily functions are involved in healing ?
I know blood filtration is mainly against sickness and infections.
But what affects hp regeneration, bloodloss and reduction and scars ?

kaptain_kavern

errrr... Balance is always complicated IMHO because in the end it's really a matter of tastes I'd say. So for the 150% bonus for me, it will be overpowered if any "complication"/difficulty doesn't came to balance this big bonus. But for some it could be otherwise, I always find delicate to balance. That's why most of the time I tried to stick to Vanilla/Core to "judge" how powerful an addition should be (but sometimes you haven't any clues in Vanilla/Core like in that case...)

Now for the healing processes, I'm quasi sure that scars doesn't heal naturally (in fact AFAIK the only way to "heal" them by XML modding only is by "respawning" the organ in a surgery_recipe). But for the rest I really don't know at all. I was in the impression that Breathing, Blood Pumping and Metabolism were just here because the pawn died if they reach 0% but I wasn't aware of any others uses

SpaceDorf

For balance I looked to epoe. The most powerful bionics give +35 each so arms and legs could reach +70.
The expense in my case would be that 19 implants and operations are required to reach that level.

I don't know what the bodyfunctions do either thats why i am asking. And i did not want to know how to remove scars i want to know when scars are created.

I create a new thread to ask about that.

Darque

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 06, 2016, 02:10:46 AM
Hi guys, I need a little input here,
how much stronger and harder should the space marines be than normal pawns ?

at the moment I try to balance the implants in a way, that the Marines are at 150% in all health functions except eating and talking. On top of this I try to give every bodypart 50% more hp.
Do you think this is to much, not enough ?
I think a 33% bonus would be more balanced.

SpaceDorf

Deimos Rast

if you want another vote, I vote WH40k. I'm a huge star wars fan, but I don't see it fitting in well with Rimworld. People would want force powers, which you'd have to figure out how to make. Probably could make a gun that shoots "Force Lightning" but meh.
I know little about 40k, but I know there are a ton of assets out there for it. Project Armory on Nexus mods has more bolters than you can shake a stick at. Should definitely check it out (not the git hub version, that's just 20th century at the moment).
What seems to be lacking is armor. It looks like JuliaEllie's 40k mod has some solid pieces by Trashman, so maybe you already know about those.
#StopPluginAbuse

Deimos Rast

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 02, 2016, 04:37:22 PM
I personally think the same way (in fact I don't even put copyright mention in my mod threads and always put them on Github, that way anybody can fork and continue/expand) but I already had clashes here for that. So thx a lot again
OT:
Actually, you should always include a license, even if it's just "No License" or "Public License". I'm often left wondering if I can redistribute/maintain a person's work, but don't see a license, so out of politeness and respect I try to contact the person first by asking. Which takes time, and sometimes you never hear back from them. I've also seen many great mods die, not for want of people to maintain them, but because nobody knew what the license was and didn't want to violate the author's unwritten wishes.
In short, state your license please, and clearly. ;)

Edit:
you're also encouraging the behavior of people equating "no license = free for all" when it could very well be "no license = I forgot to include one" two very different things. Many people who mod aren't used to thinking in terms of licensing (as are many users) and it's easy to overlook.
#StopPluginAbuse

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

Well, it's Friday. Time for another update  ;D

Introducing the Corruption-Mechanic. Pawns now have a new property (or rather a need) which is purity of the soul. It gets reduced or elevated by using certain items (e.g. corrupted weapons vs. holy clothing) and performing certain tasks (praying to the Emperor vs. worshipping dark idols).

The impact of these things is of course dependent on the pawns view on religion. An atheist will neither gain as much much joy from praying, nor get corrupted as quickly as a religious fanatic.

Once a pawns purity drops below a threshold, he gets the attention of the chaotic gods, and one of them may become the new patron. At this stage even atheists and agnostics fall victim to religious fervor.

Each patron confers traits that affect the pawns mood and behavior (Prevent a Khornate pawn from killing something for too long and he WILL go berserk).

Stay tuned for further updates on the most extensive 40k Mod for Rimworld!

Shelter

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on September 09, 2016, 06:10:47 AM
Progressions Post :

Well, it's Friday. Time for another update  ;D

Introducing the Corruption-Mechanic. Pawns now have a new property (or rather a need) which is purity of the soul. It gets reduced or elevated by using certain items (e.g. corrupted weapons vs. holy clothing) and performing certain tasks (praying to the Emperor vs. worshipping dark idols).

The impact of these things is of course dependent on the pawns view on religion. An atheist will neither gain as much much joy from praying, nor get corrupted as quickly as a religious fanatic.

Once a pawns purity drops below a threshold, he gets the attention of the chaotic gods, and one of them may become the new patron. At this stage even atheists and agnostics fall victim to religious fervor.

Each patron confers traits that affect the pawns mood and behavior (Prevent a Khornate pawn from killing something for too long and he WILL go berserk).

Stay tuned for further updates on the most extensive 40k Mod for Rimworld!

Finally a legitimate reason for my commissar to blam people  ;D

Matnjord

Okay, this addition of religion is pretty damn fantastic. Was this ever done before in other mods?

I guess when this is released I shall have fun with a colony of yao-ed up khornates!

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Matnjord on September 10, 2016, 01:57:52 PM
Okay, this addition of religion is pretty damn fantastic. Was this ever done before in other mods?

There's a fantastic, silly little mod called Pastafarianism which inspired my implementation.

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

Well, it's Friday again. It's been a bit quiet in here for the last weeks, so here are some more screenshots to show what's going on behind the scenes.

Most of the team is focussig on Imperial Guard and Space Marines, but there are other factions within the Imperium that may take interest in your colony.

Adeptus Mechanicus:

Maybe you'll get a visit from a Tech priests with his very own Skitarii / Battle-Servitor retinue. ServoSkulls included of course.

Adeptus Sororitas:

If you're lucky, the sisters of battle may aid you in your time of need. Alternatively if you run a chaos-tainted hellhole, they'll probably also want a word with you (heretic scum).

Which brings us to these guys.

Chaos Cultists:

Your planet may be host to a variety of Chaos Cults dedicated to different deities. Quite unfriendly chaps.

And of course, there's still Eldar and Orks running around as well: