Which theme would you prefer to see in games

Warhammer 40K
Starwars
Both!
Something else

Darque

kaptain_kavern

Oh man that's gonna be epic!

As we were waiting for CCL to update you didn't slack, omg those arts are amazing

SpaceDorf

Yeah it is. *sigh*

In the grim future of the Rimworld, there is only War.

This Cpt. is one dedicated WH40k guy. And I am a bit jealous to see he allready integrated ServoSkulls and Servitors.
I was wondering myself on how to create Servitors in a colony. Prisoners or Bodies ?
ServoSkulls are made from reverent dead and Servitors from what(who)ever is not useful enough ?
I am getting self-touchy feely when I think about how Grim Dark a 40k Research Path could make the Rim.

There are going to be Rogue Traders I hope ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 23, 2016, 06:56:13 PM
There are going to be Rogue Traders I hope ?

Yes, Rogue Traders are definitely making an appearance. We are talking about RimWorlds after all, and a setting close to the Imperial galactic borders is the most sensible explanation for some of the stuff we do.

In the meantime meet Witch Hunter Bren and his new friends:

Bloodletters, Plaguebearers, Daemonettes and Feathered Horrors are waiting to visit your colony.

Matnjord

Onion

This mod is looking super impressive!  I've never had an interest in WH40K but I'm pretty sure this will be my first entry into it  ;D

To Cpt. Ohu - you created an assembly for custom race graphics, AND added custom traits AND added religion AND you're good at art???  I'm seriously jealous.  Plus with kaptain_kavern and whoever else is working on this mod it seems like you got a bit of a dream team going on.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this completed!  ;D

kaptain_kavern

TBH all that Cpt Ohu have posted the last few weeks is his work alone afaik. Me I spend this time working on "CK-Animal and Plant Pack" with Coercion  ;)

Officially we are waiting for CCL to update before starting real works. But Cpt Ohu seems to went frenzy and made all of what we all see lately. But he does that all alone and I'm like you drooling on those screenshots waiting for next :p

Cpt.Ohu

Well, I only have this one mod, and simply not modding while waiting for CCL is not an option ;)

So here's another update:

Progressions Post :

Introducing sermons. You can build altars and assign a preacher who will hold morning and evening sermons (both options can be switched off). Other colonists can come by and listen to them. The results of holding/attending a sermon are manifold. The preacher's conviction and mood-boost depends on how many pawns are listening. And based on his rhetoric (= social) skill, affiliation and devotion he will have different effects on his listeners (also taking into consideration their affiliation/devotion).

In the example above you can see the result for two pawns on the right, one moderately religious pawn thought it was a nice sermon, while the atheist questions this nonsense. Of course in 40k, if you assign a preacher who worships the dark gods, any pure pawns listening will get a debuff and vice versa an Emperor-loyal preacher will annoy chaos worshippers.

In these cases the pawn won't return to listen to this particular preacher again.

Of course this system could be adapted for a lot of fun experiments. You could make a Dead Poets Society and let the pawns recite poems to each other. Or you could call for a RimRally and let pawns run for president ;)

Shelter

on the topic of experimenting with that system what about electing a chapter master amongst your marine pawns?

Cpt.Ohu

It should be possible to create such a voting system. However in this case I would make it a player choice and not randomized. Additionally, I think making a chapter out of a colony is a bit too far fetched. Being a recruitment (death-)world should be enough for starters ;)

Matnjord

Oh man, I can't wait to build some snazzy temple to the dark gods!

orannj

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: orannj on October 04, 2016, 02:50:41 PM
Nice! :) Feel free to take anything at all you want from my Tau stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764156320

Credit is all I ask! :)

Thanks a thousand times! You have a great heart, sir!

* kaptain_kavern is bowing in front of orannj

Cpt.Ohu

Thank you orannj, your offer is appreciated. I adapted my faction-coloring to include camouflage-colors based on biome and presence of snow, which might suit your Tau-armors.

And here are yet more hostiles to defend against:

Dark Eldar Raiders. They use special projectiles that do little direct damage, but transmit toxins that'll slowly (and painfully) kill your colonists.

Addeptis

I hate to be that guy, but any idea when we can murder xenos. Even just having the factions that are ready would be nice.