Which theme would you prefer to see in games

Warhammer 40K
Starwars
Both!
Something else

kaptain_kavern

... Like 12 seconds later ...

Anyway .... 
"First Github commit" Winter is coming ...

And meanwhile I have updated the Hedgehogs! mod ;-)

SpaceDorf

At first I thought it was some other caravan your Marine Faction met,
now I know this pic is just wrong :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

Progressions Post :

Still progressed a bit with my Data's spreadsheet (If you happen to read those doc keep in mind that i haven't balanced values yet - This is why I need the spreadsheet in the first time).

The goal in parallel is also to understand more how faction/pawn/specifics tags on weapons and apparels are working together (That is why I take my time) in order to produce a template for helping wannabe-modder implementing faction and more...
QuotePlus I may have good news that can make progressions even quicker but I can't say much more before settle things more with the person I may work with.

About that, I now can reveal that we are gonna merge our efforts with Cpt.Ohu (The guy behind the Humanoid Alien Races framework).
I'm very pleased he contact me because :

1/- I were to use his framework to create alien races (His mod/framework ease the hassle of creating/implement new races in the game) and it's more cool working directly together

2/- He already was working on a WH40K mod also, and he already have quite some !PLAYABLE! assets so we are gonna progress even quicker.

Just some screenshots to keep you guys motivated :p

SpaceDorf

Maugan Ra

Pretty awesome seeing some Eldar :D do you plan to add all the main factions, Necrons, Tau and Nids?

Shelter

Excited about what I'm seeing so far, keep up the good work.

SpaceDorf

I am Motivated. I am :)

For the EMPORAAAH !!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!

Shelter

You have any stub pistols/guns or autoguns for early game?

damibonf

I'm the author of the star wars: attack of the clones old republic stuff mod, feel free to use anything you need from that. The code was all mine but some pieces of a shielded armor from skullywag (indirectly, just a reference in code) and I modified some of the arts after asking the original authors if I could use them (they sounded glad that their stuff was used). If you need help I'd be glad to do some sith stuff I had in mind

Shelter

Got motivated and made a few weapon sprites if you have a use for em

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

SpaceDorf

The Implants are coming along .. slowly but steady :)

SpaceDorf

All Implants defined and implantable,
now they only need to do something ^^

kaptain_kavern

Progressions Post :

Ok no shiny pictures to show you today.

Progress on my side were slow today, I'm still gathering all vanilla data about weapons, armors and apparels in spreadsheets in order to balance all the ones the mod will introduce. It takes time but I think it's important to be done at the very first.

The good news is the mod progression is not depending only my work now. We have a proper artist on the board now with MayPeX who will works with what Cpt.Ohu had already drawn ("just" all the assets for orks and eldars) and they will expand on it. Cpt.Ohu is also polishing his C# piece of code that will ensure that factions will wear uniforms of the same color and facilitate the creation/implementation of humanoid races and factions. (but I haven't tried the last "nightly-build" he sent me)

So far between their work I think we have graphical assets for SpaceMarines, Orks, Eldars and Imperial Guards done or nearly done. (Guys feel free to post screenshots in the thread  8) )

Special mention to SpaceDorf who works in advance on the creation of a playable completely modded races for Space Marines using this mod as a base (It could even be an addon to this mod, what you think?)

Quote from: damibonf on September 01, 2016, 01:36:50 PM
I'm the author of the star wars: attack of the clones old republic stuff mod, feel free to use anything you need from that. The code was all mine but some pieces of a shielded armor from skullywag (indirectly, just a reference in code) and I modified some of the arts after asking the original authors if I could use them (they sounded glad that their stuff was used). If you need help I'd be glad to do some sith stuff I had in mind
First, thanks a lot for your permission.
I'm currently more focused on the WH40K mod (as we are now several people working on it) but the StarWars mod will follow (more quickly as my current work is mostly gathering data in order to have a standardized framework for when creating factions & races)

Quote from: Shelter on September 01, 2016, 03:00:49 PM
Got motivated and made a few weapon sprites if you have a use for em
Thank you so very much for the weapons. They could come handy, even for another mod if the guys doesn't need them for this one. (With your permission and proper credits given where it's due)

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 02, 2016, 02:07:24 AM
This look like a proper implanted Space Marine ^^
...but...
Hey you're progressing too quickly comparing to my progresses  >:(  ;D

SpaceDorf

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 02, 2016, 05:50:43 AM

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 02, 2016, 02:07:24 AM
This look like a proper implanted Space Marine ^^
...but...
Hey you're progressing too quickly comparing to my progresses  >:(  ;D

Well compared to your data gathering, this is not much more.
It was mostly copy and paste data typing. And I am not trying to create a race of Space Marines,
I am trying to create Space Marines out of Human Pawns while upholding the Rules of 40k Lore.

I still need a way to create the Implants ingame, the Marines have to lay eggs to create more Geneseed ( or an apothecary has to milk them .. ) and I can't draw worth shit.

Also I have to learn C# to include only half what those implants should do. And a bit of balancing is never wrong.

So yeah, if someone volunteers to help me out with 3 items and a Building I would be very grateful.