Mountain Colonies vs Open Colonies: Post your best colony pictures and vote!

Started by LouisTBR, August 27, 2016, 10:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEST COLONY TYPE?

Enclosed, Mountainous Colony
40 (49.4%)
Open, Tightly Packed Colony
20 (24.7%)
Open, sprawled Colony
11 (13.6%)
Mixed
33 (40.7%)
Other (State Below)
2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Grishnerf

My new started A15 base.
Cassandra Challenge
most game changing mods : deadly forest mod and realistic lights(darkness) mod

in the south my only entrance with my grizzly bear areas in front.
they killed several tribal raids on their own. :D
their Little bear-cave and the built pillars around help them alot to get into melee better and not get shot at from afar.
behind my little killbox.
rest is self explanatory.

it is by far not my best base, but i like it cause of the rivers and lakes in it.
it has this magical touch in it.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Mr.Cross

Literally what my colonists call home. alot of blood, rock and walking around in a daze went into this! ;D
I know, I know it's such a beautiful and irriplaceable base. No need to tell me   
Hoping to make it more.. Grand? later on down the when I can spare the time to fully mine and construct.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Claims to know most things.

Arctic_fox

well i'm a newb so i know my base is considered substandard but its survived a year on randy random casual with only one death and i have no shortage of food so....its alright i guess, plan to put the gardens under a roof and rearrange a few things once i have the stone and hydro done.

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

chch88

I guess this colony can be considered mixed.
A14, started as randy rough, changed mid game to challenge.

Bottom

LouisTBR

Wow. Neat! May I ask, how did you dress up all your (Conveniently) female colonists in matching outfits? :P
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Grishnerf

maybe i have not seen it, but only 2 geothermals for that size of base? how does that work?
what mod is this?

edit: ahh a14 so you probably have ccl installed. thats the reason maybe.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

LouisTBR

Quote from: Grishnerf on September 05, 2016, 01:29:20 PM
maybe i have not seen it, but only 2 geothermals for that size of base? how does that work?
what mod is this?

He is also using wind turbines and lots of solar panels.

chch88

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on September 05, 2016, 01:28:18 PM
Wow. Neat! May I ask, how did you dress up all your (Conveniently) female colonists in matching outfits? :P

Conveniently - Well i started with female colonists and picked through the game only female colonists, and scenario has forced trait gay on everyone, so all female colony
Outfits - trumbo/devilstrand dusters and devilstrand button-down shirts and pants, white a trumbo dusters, red are devilstrand, this game is running long time, and i have a lot of trumbos.

chch88

Quote from: Grishnerf on September 05, 2016, 01:29:20 PM
what mod is this?

all power, geothermal, solar panels and wind turbines are default, however ccl with vanilla tweaks is used, yes.

Arctic_fox

figured i would post the new screen of my base now that i've had a few hours to work on it, lost a fair few colonists to a drop pod raid but still holding up pretty good.

s22190

Quote from: chch88 on September 05, 2016, 01:24:27 PM
I guess this colony can be considered mixed.
A14, started as randy rough, changed mid game to challenge.

Your colony is too clean. And all female. And all dressed the same. Its creepy. Looks like a vampire lesbian colony to me :p I like my lil dirty bloody messy desert shithole with a addicts and alcoholics better. Great job on the defensive entrance thought !

LouisTBR

Quote from: Arctic_fox on September 05, 2016, 10:00:35 PM
figured i would post the new screen of my base now that i've had a few hours to work on it, lost a fair few colonists to a drop pod raid but still holding up pretty good.
Brilliant :P I'll update it

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Nearing the end of my first year in game, still deciding if i want to stay above ground or become mix (chances are I wont go 100% underground for a while) but I feel like Im doing pretty well

Randy Random currently on rough (changed from casual halfway through)

In the end, we all make the same leather hats.