Limb loss mood change

Started by kuledude, August 27, 2016, 01:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuledude

Losing a limb doesn't affect the mood of the victim, wat? I mean holy shit do i get in a bad mood if i stub my  toe, not to mention if i lost a LIMB.

Would be nice to decrease the chances of losing a limb but give bigger punishments if the limbs are lost(the mood loss...).

NolanSyKinsley

Second this, with an addition. Limb loss should entail bleeding. I had a colonist that got their jaw shot off and they just went back to work requiring no medical attention.

(bleeding should not be severe! Traumatic amputations actually have very little bleeding involved.)

Wex

Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on August 27, 2016, 01:52:40 PM
Second this, with an addition. Limb loss should entail bleeding. I had a colonist that got their jaw shot off and they just went back to work requiring no medical attention.

(bleeding should not be severe! Traumatic amputations actually have very little bleeding involved.)
...this already happens...
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

CannibarRechter

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Aleksh

Pawns(if that's what you call colonists) should get a mood bonus for getting bionic part replacements for their lost limbs and a smaller mood bonus for dentures and peglegs. They should also suffer some difficulties for the first few days of having them, like tripping with a bionic leg or slapping that ass on accident with a bionic arm.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

NolanSyKinsley

Quote from: Wex on August 27, 2016, 01:56:25 PM
Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on August 27, 2016, 01:52:40 PM

...this already happens...

Did... did you not read what I said? Literally does not happen, I had a colonist get their jaw shot off and they bled none, needed no medical care and went right back to work. I have had the same thing happen to limbs as well. Lost fingers/hands/arms and no bleeding involved because the bleeding happens ON the limb, and when the limb is gone there is no bleeding to be had. When their limbs are mangled/crushed/destroyed they have bleeding, but when they get shot off cleanly they do not.

Wex

The jaw is oddly considered a bone, so it won't bleed.
Limbs shot, torn or cut off already bleed.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

NolanSyKinsley

Not in my experience, they are always grayed out with no bleeding immediately after the injury.

Aleksh

I'm not sure how it works, but it will usually say it's "fresh" when it's shot off. After healing, it goes grey, if I recall correctly.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!