Teetotaler tweak for impending drugs.

Started by mumblemumble, August 27, 2016, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

So the impending new drugs, and other stuff makes me think perhaps maybe teetotaler should be worked differently.

Perhaps instead of a full on personal ban, they refuse to use them on their own, but can be made to do so under orders, but face a lengthy, stacking mood debuff of each use (like say, -7 per dose, lasting 3 days)? This way a person can say, use some pain killers in an emergency, but will have qualms about it, and trying to get them on drugs regularly will make them break from their hatred of drugs. I think this would be good, considering the wide variety of them.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

MeowRailroad

If they use painkillers when they are actually in pain then that should be different because they are using it to deal with pain, not just to feel better at any time. Although it would be hard to differentiate between when they are in pain and aren't and it would be necessary to make it so that drugs take while pain-causing wounds exist wouldn't cause a debuff when the injuries heal and the pain is gone.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

mumblemumble

my only issue is drugs aren't as simple as take x, feel good, many drugs have huge benefits, are invaluable in emergencies, and aren't as straightforward as beer is. I think painkillers, stimulants and other drugs which I KNOW will be created later will be invaluable, but it seems the teetotaler will be forever cutoff from anything, even perhaps life saving drugs, unless tweaks are made.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.