[MOD] (Alpha 2) Flamethrower!

Started by SlimeCrusher, March 02, 2014, 04:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

Flamethrower!

Description:
This very small mod adds a new gun, a Flamethrower! it works like a machine gun, with 30 brust bullets, with a VERY short time between shots, and with a flame graphic, with this effect, i was able to re-create a flamethrower with success!
To obtain it, you must wait until a combat supplier gets in comms range, and wish it has a flamethrower onboard, OR wait until raiders attack, they may have flamethrowers!

Features:
  • Adds a new gun, the Flamethrower
  • Also as a bonus, it adds the Cryothrower
Mod Team:
  • SlimeCrusher
  • Architect
How to use:
Its simple, select a colonists and tell him to equip the flamethrower, if you wish to test it, recruit your colonist, go to your nearest mountainside, click on the flamethrower icon at the side of the recruit button, and select the rock wall, its shooting at it! It also works on raiders and bad guys obviusly! Although its range is poor and its damage is extremely crappy, it BURNS!
Download:

Screens:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:
If someone knows how to make the custom sound works, i'll give credit!
BTW, credits to Entityofsin for the idea, he didn't told me anything, but his "Healing??" post gave me the idea of making a flamethrower, as he was trying to do the same, although a healing laser, not a flamethrower, but the idea is the same really
Also, thanks to Architect for making the Flamethrower appear on raiders!
Changelog:
Version 1: Initial release
Added Flamethrower
Version 2: Now raiders can have the Flamethrower
Also, added secret pawn, cannot spawn normally, only available through the debug menu
Version 3: Added Cryothrower (Or launcher not sure), it doesn't freeze though, the same as the Flamethrower but this one doesn't light fire, neither freezes... If i find a way to maybe stun enemies, i'll post version 3.5 or something... Spawns on raiders

Architect

Awesome! :D If you want, I can write a quick xml file which will change the raiders to spawn with your weapon? Still your mod, just credit me in your dev team or whatever ;) PM me with what enemies you wish to carry the gun if you're interested.

Edit:
Completed as of your request with the pawndefs file attached. You know what to do with it. Unfortunately, I was unable to fix your sound, despite spending a considerable amount of time on it and screwing with my own core files :P I think it may be a bug, I'm not sure. If anyone else can help you out, I suggest you ask them.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Thoughtless

I use fire to burn dead bodies, so far I've had to use Molotov's, but hopefully this will look and work better.

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Architect on March 02, 2014, 04:49:08 PM
Awesome! :D If you want, I can write a quick xml file which will change the raiders to spawn with your weapon? Still your mod, just credit me in your dev team or whatever ;) PM me with what enemies you wish to carry the gun if you're interested.

Edit:
Completed as of your request with the pawndefs file attached. You know what to do with it. Unfortunately, I was unable to fix your sound, despite spending a considerable amount of time on it and screwing with my own core files :P I think it may be a bug, I'm not sure. If anyone else can help you out, I suggest you ask them.

Thanks! I've could have done that by myself, but i couldn't just say "no", again, thanks! :D

Vas

I already have forest fires constantly, I don't need more! :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Entityofsin

So it actually lights stuff on fire? That's pretty cool. I was talking to Evul about this kind of gun and it's cool to see one is made. XD

SlimeCrusher

Yea it does! It has the same bullet type as a T-9 Incendiary Launcher, shooted 30 times... Between 2 ticks each shot... And with a flame texture... So yea :D

Entityofsin

I am not sure about the initial damage, but it's pretty dang cool! :D

Evul

Jones-250

Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

cobalt262

Very nice  ;D

However I can't seem to target corpses when using the Flamethrower... had to put a 'Practice Target' in the middle of my MassGrave dumping ground to light them up - anybody else get this minor bug?

TimMartland

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!
This will be...fun ;D
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Kilroy232

I look forward to burning my problems, thank you very much this is going to be fun >:)

Bunnie

Looks great, but the download is broken for me :( could you upload a mirror?

p.s you put brust not burst in your original post :P