Suggestion: Self Healing (RimWorld)

Started by Vankuar, August 28, 2016, 04:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vankuar

A small suggestion that I realise would be essential when playing as a sole colonist, or the rich colonist scenario.

I started a new game and was doing well, however, I ran into an issue only 11 days into the colony; my only colonist developed Malaria, I proceeded to simply move him to rest in bed, but he needed treatment...And despite having the best medicine in the game in the next room, couldn't use it at all, and died a few days later, it'd be helpful to at least allow some sort of self-healing system depending on the character's Medicine skill, otherwise, playing as a sole colonist may result in frustrating deaths that could be so easily prevented!   :D

blub01

Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Icarus

Self-surgery should also be a thing, but it should cause extreme pain.

dramamoose

It would be interesting if the pain they're in affected their ability to fix their things. Like you said, malaria is something that a doctor should very much be able to heal themselves for, but something like an infected torso should be notably harder because of the pain they'd be causing themselves.

Would also work interestingly with a 'drugs as medicine' system; take something to kill the pain, then do it.

Serenity

More advanced self-treatments should also take significant skill. It's one thing to take medicine and put on a bandage yourself, but another thing to do an operation.

Grishnerf

I imagine rambo using a campfire to burn his wounds and gets ko'd .

And yeah, pawns with medical skill 3 or higher should be able to self heal/bandage minor wounds/scratches.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist