Rideable Camels

Started by Aleksh, August 28, 2016, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksh

Topic says it all.

You can ride camels to traverse deserts quicker, but you would need to train it to do so. Also a possibility is giving camels special bags so you could haul on the go. To make it fair, remove Release from camels and give them the Riding skill. Riding would require 10 training sets.
And different camels for each biome? Camels evolve best to their surroundings, but i'm not sure if this would be the case in jungles. Just throwing this out.

Not sure if this would be more appropriate in "cheapest ideas" but i'll put it here for now.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

makkenhoff

This might work on larger maps, but on my smallest ones, less so. Perhaps if distant travel was an option...

Pax_Empyrean

Quote from: Aleksh on August 28, 2016, 01:53:47 PMNot sure if this would be more appropriate in "cheapest ideas" but i'll put it here for now.
Definitely not appropriate for the "cheapest ideas" thread. You did the right thing to put it here.

I see no point in restricting this to camels. A mechanic for riding animals would be sufficient. Also, a Space Western should have Space Horses.

If there were a mechanic that allowed for rideable animals, that could be repurposed for vehicles, as well. That's a big playground to open up to modders.

Aleksh

So what i'm getting from this is that this is technically a common topic relating to vehicles?
Also, a riding mechanic for animals in general does sound nice. You would have to build a good bond with them, though.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!