Windows

Started by vertamin, August 28, 2016, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vertamin

Sorry for my english.

I would like to suggest to implement windows, so colonist could get rid of the "in darkness" debuff and grown plants in their room with natural light.

I know there are mods that add windows, but the developers said that with the core of the game you couldn't implement natural light that emits from them, and I think it would be a nice adition to the game.

Sanaart

Would love this; I just like more stuff to decorate in general (and it would also provide more incentive to not hole yourself in a mountain).

Roadie

Quote from: Sanaart on August 28, 2016, 06:57:01 PM
(and it would also provide more incentive to not hole yourself in a mountain)

See, I could imagine a whole industry chain based on this, with glass walls, mirrors, focusing lenses and other stuff, making a whole elaborate system to fill up a mountain hold with natural light.

blub01

Quote from: vertamin on August 28, 2016, 05:32:55 PM
Sorry for my english.

I would like to suggest to implement windows, so colonist could get rid of the "in darkness" debuff and grown plants in their room with natural light.

I know there are mods that add windows, but the developers said that with the core of the game you couldn't implement natural light that emits from them, and I think it would be a nice adition to the game.

if I recall correctly, there's a window mod, but from my experience with it, it doesn't actually work.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

TrashMan

Glass and Light mod IIRC.
But yes, Ty needs to put this in the game. Houses shouldn't be dark caves.

Ceglaaa

Quote from: TrashMan on August 29, 2016, 05:16:39 AM
Houses shouldn't be dark caves.
Rimworld: Slav Simulator
:D

But yeah, I totally agree - windows are a thing that should be implemented to the core.

Dunbal

If you wait long enough your walls will just spontaneously upgrade themselves to Windows 10...

vertamin

Quote from: blub01 on August 29, 2016, 04:58:54 AM
if I recall correctly, there's a window mod, but from my experience with it, it doesn't actually work.

It works, but only for beauty purpose

Nechsing

Yes please. Something this basic for constructions should be already on the game!

Aleksh

It would be better than to just look at a wall.

Talking about you, Val.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

baegle

Actually, the ability to use windows to get natural light to avoid the resource costs of avoiding darkness is a good reason to add it. It's just one more perk in managing negative effects that tips the balance back towards being outside and away from mountains. We need less single silver bullet solutions to mountain turtling and more incremental reasons to stay outside. This is one of them.

ddblue0

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of folks who'd love to see windows added to the core game! I don't use mods, so I'm at the mercy of the devs on this one :D