[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yawningrover

Dubwise

yup once its released it will be on here as a download

Stinguerx

Any idea of an aproximate releaste date? Im very excited to play with this mod and toy with the radiation  :D

Dubwise

Still fixing bugs and polishing it up, here's a shot of the new storage pool and its UI, its animated and lit when powered. And lumi is equipped with the new mopp suits, a combination of rad suit + armour

ruyan

Oh Lumi is all better now? Last time I saw him he was wandering around like an idiot! :-P

I am holding off on starting a new colony till your mod is out btw, every time I start one I find myself tabbing out of the game all the time to check this thread... So I'll just stay here and wait! :-D

The arrows on the storage pool look strange with the offset, maybe have them centered? That's like the only thing I can contribute :-(

Dronmk2

Can I use hot water from the cooling system of the reaction zone to heat the rooms?

Is it possible to make cooling pipes compatible with this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.0?

Forgive my English using Google translator.

faltonico

Quote from: Dronmk2 on March 13, 2017, 07:57:57 PM
Can I use hot water from the cooling system of the reaction zone to heat the rooms?

Is it possible to make cooling pipes compatible with this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.0?

Forgive my English using Google translator.
What you can do right now, is to fill a room with radiators and draw the heat with RedistHeat ducts.

ChairmanPoo

Redistheat is hit and miss ATM.... see NaNC bug.

Dronmk2

faltonico

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on March 13, 2017, 09:19:25 PM
Redistheat is hit and miss ATM.... see NaNC bug.
I was answering his question.
But you can get rid of it that error by rebuilding your heaters/coolers in godmode (always start your game paused). I personally will not be using it for my next run and not because of that, but power inefficiency.

Dronmk2

What is some new information about the release?

Sorry for my english use google translate.

Dubwise

I have added a couple more energy weapons, different kinds of missiles, an incident where raiders setup missile bases that you have to deal with swiftly, lots of little tweaks and fixes and other bits, and I have been setting up a custom research system that combines standard style researching with tasks, data gathering and a tutorial system.

Below is a shot of the new research bench UI, on the left it shows all the database chips that you have purchased from traders and inserted into this bench, then on the right you have the list of tasks you need to perform in sequence, you can run this research and standard rimworld research simultaneously, and i have set it up so i could require almost anything be completed for a task, so for example gathering data for the ADS requires that it fires on targets, for the reactor research i have steps that require you to connect buildings via the correct pipes, this same system will end up in MarsX too once i get back to that, the new research system is almost finished, still needs polish.

For more details you can pop in to my stream at www.twitch.tv/dubwise56 to ask questions and see stuff working

Dronmk2

Looks awesome!
Made a lot of things, I hope it will not affect compatibility with other mods.

Dubwise

Quote from: Dronmk2 on March 22, 2017, 03:59:07 PM
  Looks awesome!
Made a lot of things, I hope it will not affect compatibility with other mods.

Shouldn't do, i have done a bit of testing with some mods like misc robots to make sure stuff like radiation works correctly, other than that its all just stuff that's added to the game not overwritten, so for example the standard research system is untouched

Dronmk2

Very pleased that you did not only power plant, but also the means to protect it.
It looks great, I hope to function as well.