[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekath

It looks awesome. Thank you for your hard work :)

Do you want to add new stuff to research part in the future ? (i feel that Rimworld research is too shallow)

Dubwise

Only the research for this mod will be done using my chip based research, i'm not changing any of the standard research or the research tab, you access my research UI by using the bench like a comms console so you can do normal research and rimatomics research projects at the same time if you have the spare hands. Its also more like a prototype for what i want to do with it in mars, so it will be fairly simple in this mod like just going through steps to put the reactor together like a tutorial, and simple data collection, then in mars it will actually replace all research and i will hide the original research tab

nekath

It looks like I've give a try to Mars mod while waiting for new Rimushima.

Btw do you know more or less when Rimushima 3 will be released?

Dubwise

Here's another little thing i added the other day, the weapons console runs the targeting for all energy weapons, including tracking morter shells which are designated to HEL's for shoot downs, so since i was already tracking the positions i added a live radar screen to it which tracks morter shells as large dots and ground targets as small dots, it also has an enlarged popup window version. The targeting system makes sure that targets are not assigned to more than 1 energy weapon at a time so 2 HEL's wont try to shoot down the same shell, or 2 obelisks wont try to shoot the same ground target, so it maximizes your power efficiency during raids, i might also add trajectory lines for shells so you can evacuate the area its going to hit.

Dronmk2

Quote from: dubwise56 on March 27, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
"...i might also add trajectory lines for shells so you can evacuate the area its going to hit."

That would be awesome!

Canute

Why not assign an obelisk for anti-air defence to shoot down incoming shells and drop pods ? :-)

Dubwise

then i wouldn't have a reason to make the HEL, the HEL is also for shooting down incoming scuds and icbm's once its fully upgraded.
ADS - crowd control with little damage
Tesla Coil - fast firing short range defense
HEL - anti morter & anti missile
Obelisk - for snipers mechanoids & shielded targets
Railgun - fast in-map artillery & super long range fire missions for raids or caravan support
scud / chemical scud - for raids on enemies
fission icbm - destroys a whole map
fusion icbm - for destroying multiple maps

and of course you can ignore all the weapons and just use the reactors for power, raiders will only start setting up missile bases after you start launching missiles

Canute

antimatter icbm - for destroying Rimworld and end the struggle ? :-)

Tgr

HOLY SHIT this looks cool. I'll be honest, I've been terrified of getting into this mod because it looks very complicated, but this just looks awesome.

raemge

I literally cannot wait for this mod to be released for A16.
Amazing job! I really enjoyed the Mars mod, and this looks like the next big one for me.

magik20

might as well find out what is changing in A17 and make it ready for it that instead!

awesome mod, loved it in A15... too bad its taken a while to upgrade

Silas_

Except then in order to use it with most other mods will require a long, long wait for everything to be updated.  I'd rather be able to enjoy it in the nice, modded Rimworld environment that we currently enjoy with A16.

Anyway, this really is a great mod.  It's doing something that nobody else is touching.  And I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised to see chemical SCUDs and MOPP suits.  You don't see that stuff mentioned much nowadays.

wispoffates

I imagine the update from A16 -> A17 won't be as long as A15 -> A16.  As the creator chose to give us all these new features for A16 and not just fix the compatibility.  Unless of course they decide to give us more awesome features for A17.

faltonico

Quote from: wispoffates on April 04, 2017, 08:12:42 PM
I imagine the update from A16 -> A17 won't be as long as A15 -> A16.  As the creator chose to give us all these new features for A16 and not just fix the compatibility.  Unless of course they decide to give us more awesome features for A17.
He said he was going to add more content as well, so expect some fixing, patching some other stuff and breaking even more that there is now.

Dronmk2

Is there any new information?
When is beta expected?