[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Dronmk2

This is very bad news. We'll have to wait for A17, then wait for updates of all the mods, many of which have already been abandoned and are not updated.

Can you post an already existing version for A16?

Dubwise

There isn't a finished version for A16 you have to debug mode everything, A17 is already up as an unstable branch on steam so it will be out any day now, my skylights rimkit and hygiene mods are all updated and ready to roll

Headshotkill

Quote from: Dronmk2 on May 05, 2017, 05:56:15 PM
This is very bad news. We'll have to wait for A17, then wait for updates of all the mods, many of which have already been abandoned and are not updated.

Can you post an already existing version for A16?

We got combat extended coming up though.

DarkShadowp

Dubwise

Quote from: DarkShadowp on May 06, 2017, 11:10:02 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on May 05, 2017, 05:30:41 PM
Quote from: Dronmk2 on May 05, 2017, 05:06:54 PM
Will work for A16?

Nope already updated to A17

Oh...guess i have to pass on this mod then

No problem . . . . I should probably explain some of the reasoning. It was a simple choice for me to either continue making this for A16 so a handful of people can play it with old mods, or make it for A17 so everyone on here and steam can play it with the latest most feature rich and more importantly, debugged version of the game, with all of the updated mods with new features, and with all the great new mods that will come out for A17. It might be possible to make multiple versions of Rimatomics if it were a simple reskinned and renamed fuel burning generator like the average mod, or the first version of Rimushima, but this has been remade from scratch and has grown into a very large mod that is now almost as big as MarsX and took months to make in my spare time, so splitting it into 2 versions with different sets of features would be time consuming and ultimately unnecessary.

So if you are at all interested in playing Rimatomics then it's an easy task to download A17 for free and play this mod for free with all of the new and well maintained mods that will be available, then boot up A16 when you want to play older mods, i think this is the most reasonable option.

tl:dr cant be arsed mate

Dronmk2

Many good mods have not been updated for more than 6 months. It is unlikely that they will receive updates to A17. The same situation will be with A18.
It's very uncomfortable that mods works so little time.
That's why I was asking about the version for A16, even with bugs, but I could play on my mod collection.
Now we have to wait another 3-6 months for that at least some of the mods were adapted for A17. It's not even considering that the A17 version has a lot of bugs before the release.

P.S. It seems that it makes sense to abandon this game for a year or two, maybe by then there will be some kind of constancy.

KamikazeSFA

Hey, the v17 update just went live, do u know when u intend to update ur mod?

Dubwise

im uploading the updates for hygiene, rimkit and skylights right now to steam, then i need to fix some things in rimatomics, then i'll upload it, its not 100% finished but people can start testing it, giving feedback and i'll fix stuff with smaller patches over time, the features and all the defs are set so it will hopefully just be bug fixes that wont break saves, and it will go up on steam first

wispoffates

Sweet.  I've been waiting patiently even skipped A16 I like Rimatomics so much.

yawningrover

where or when is the the drop box download for alpha 17

tiger33116

deathstar

This mod is one of my all-time favourites. Glad to see it's getting an early a17 release!

nekath

@dubwise56
Will be possible to use Rimushima on existing saves?
Asking because I'd like to start A17, but without Rimushima is not an option :)