[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: nekath on June 02, 2017, 02:32:18 PM
@dubwise56
Will be possible to use Rimushima on existing saves?
Asking because I'd like to start A17, but without Rimushima is not an option :)

Ya it works with saves

HAMMERFALL314

Not to sound rude or anything but....    when are we gonna get a download link?

Dubwise

Still not ready, totally changed how the research worked in the code which took a while, and im sorting out the upgrade paths for the reactor buildings.

All the steps in my research were just classes but i changed them all to be full research defs, so 1 research def has a list of all its steps as research defs, it means there is something like 130 research projects in the vanilla research panel in a clump but you just ignore those and use the bench, doing that means i can have proper unlocks on every step without having to do rules changes and stuff, also you can now run multiple projects at the same time on multiple benches.

The upgrades on the reactors work same as energy weapons, you start with a prototype, unlock stage 1 by completing the project then you can get 3 other projects to upgrade 3 more times. For the core it increases the power from each rod assembly,  reduces integrity loss while boosting temps, and raises the meltdown temp. Turbines just increase max power output limit, and cooling gets more capactiy. Im trying to think of fancy extra bonus stats for stuff too like the obelisk gets dual beams at the higher stages so they can cut through shields and still do damage

Ashardalon411

Its possible to allow the recycle of all this temperature with the mod heat redist ?
It can be so usefull in a harsh cold climate (i hope heat redist will be update to A17 soon too)

Already ty !

Dubwise

There is a large radiator unit which has small reactor cooling capacity but it just dumps a huge amount of heat straight into the room, that may work with a heavily ventilated base but it would be much better to just use the central heating from my hygiene mod which im still improving, it has immersion heaters which you will be able to crank up to really high power and are much more efficient than electric heaters.

Ashardalon411

Ty, in a polar base every little C° seems life.
So find a way to convert all of this 1000 degree per sec into 21° in the life's rooms are really a need.
And its why this place are the better for place your nuclear mod.
(so can we have some radiator who have more dump T° capacity for some who use intensively redist ? ;))

ps: i have read for central heating and i will look when i will make a new polar base (when redist is A17 i think). And i think to use your central heating combined with this radiator wich i just have suggest now, for heat my base. More heat a least cost of power that is the mandatory for survive on a ice land.

faltonico

I NEED MOAR POWA!
Now seriously... with all due respect for every other modder out there, plopping a building for power and forget about it is not my definition of balanced, not even if it is constant drain of materials, no matter how many resources you pour on it or how long you made the research to be, they will always be cheaty to me.

This mod (the pre-release version i've seen) is a perfect example of how research should be, and how things should work in the base game. The achievements made, the sense of progression and badassery is incomparable to any other mod when you finish your facility, even with the A15 version that is the one i played that has much, much less stuff.

I'm looking forward to the release version.

DarkShadowp

When is the a17 version going to be ready to go?
Any possible dates?

Dubwise

still got people testing it on steam and fixing and balancing stuff

DarkShadowp

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 19, 2017, 09:45:13 AM
still got people testing it on steam and fixing and balancing stuff

I can try it out for you if you want.
Got no job, at least i would feel usefull to someone

Dubwise

DarkShadowp

hypnoshadow

Dubwise