[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Have you setup both reactors with different ID's so they work on the same powernet?

magik20

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 15, 2016, 01:27:46 PM
Have you setup both reactors with different ID's so they work on the same powernet?

i tore down both reactors and computers and rebuilt them, seems to have fixed the issue (still waiting for the materials to rebuild reactor 2)

brucethemoose

Reads title

"Modular Nuclear Power Station"

Looks at images...

Ok, I guess it's time to get back into RimWorld! Thanks!

poolday

This mod is amazing. It is complex enough to be hard to achieve and manage, but not so complex that it would stop being fun.  :D
And it surely does pay all the effort it takes to build it. It also felt great for late game content.
Now I can kiss my batteries goodbye and all my wind turbines and solar generators always requiring maintenance and cables exploding that gave me headaches.
My congratulations to you.
Very professional!

A screenshot of my own first reactor:

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Etherdreamer

Amazing, it´s a crime when a good mod goes over the +5 forums tab.

It´s compatible with your Mars mod? or Mars mod it´s totally standalone?

Dubwise

This is stand alone, when i add nuclear reactors to mars it will use a similar system but different building types to fit the mars theme, and i might carry over some bits to rimushima so it has more variety in cooling systems, heating systems, uses for the radioactive material that kinda stuff.

Etherdreamer

And about other compatibility, all mods will fit at the same time in the future? Like example with those popular mods like Glitter and EPOE?

Dubwise

I don't test with any other mods. From the feedback i have got it should work with most stuff

Dellamorte

Well I am running about 90 mods ATM as well as this one and am yet to come across any problems.

Etherdreamer

How much it´s required for the radiation goes off complety? seems like it tooks forever. And it really spend a lot all the medicines / herbal medicines you got in your stock.

Also the Iodine pills seems not to doing anything or not enough at all.

Dubwise

Quote from: Etherdreamer on September 22, 2016, 11:11:21 PM
How much it´s required for the radiation goes off complety? seems like it tooks forever. And it really spend a lot all the medicines / herbal medicines you got in your stock.

Also the Iodine pills seems not to doing anything or not enough at all.

the potassium iodide gives a 10% resistance boost which doesn't heal them but reduces the severity of direct exposure. You should only have to deal with radiation when you have to haul some spent fuel rods unless you make some catastrophic mistakes, if you wear a full suit while hauling spent rods you will only get a minor dose of radiation. Once colonists get higher doses of radiation you will have to battle against the burns to save them. If it turns to a fatal dose on the health tab then they will die within 48 hours no matter what you do.

If you suffer a full core melt accident and you need to haul a large quantity of radioactive slag to stop the fallout then spread the exposure over many colonists or just pick 1 to sacrifice.

Dellamorte

Or you can do what I do and use bots to run my nuclear plants, crafter bots to make the fuel rods, hauler bots to move the fuel and builder bots to do other stuff around the reactor (mostly for heat reasons).

Etherdreamer

Well yes I mean, is better it never happens, let´s say, non-fatal exposures are curable? if yes, how much time it needs, how much the fallouts last, etc. And well I gonna add bot mod in the next run.

EldVarg

Reactor Piping should use at least 2 steel, they are much thicker than Power Conduits.

Any plans for adding more? :)

Dubwise

Quote from: EldVarg on September 28, 2016, 04:38:29 PM
Reactor Piping should use at least 2 steel, they are much thicker than Power Conduits.

Any plans for adding more? :)

I'm working on a small patch right now to fix some bugs, then i'm finishing a big update for my mars mod, then i'm going to work on on some more features for this like proper piping, more incidents, manned stations and so on