[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaze0

If there  is not  jet implemented  any tech for  rapid  cooling system for reactor  core with  deadman  switch in case  of masive  overheating(similar pasive  gravitational systems with no need  for  external power are  instaled in modern  reactors) i would  strongly request  one . In event of turbine  brake there is  no way  to  cooldown  core  before  it  blowup or im missing  something(exept of  building secondary turbines  i asume ).

EpicGunBlast

How can i limit cooling to create a breeder reactor? it says i need to hold a temperature of 374c but i have no idea how to :(
Edit: never mind, i figured out i could use two radiators to achieve enough cooling to sustain a 374c temp and a neutron flux above 50% :)

thiagoxxxx

updated the game, the research got stuck at the Nuclear Power-Test the nuclear reactor and Energy Weapons-Construct a prototype PPC
Save file https://ufile.io/xdbjs

Dubwise

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 09, 2017, 08:07:21 AM
Quote from: Mishutca on September 09, 2017, 01:39:30 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on September 08, 2017, 11:55:38 PM
Nope thats odd, that step shouldn't have a progress bar it just checks to make sure a reactor exists and that its connected to a turbine, its for the reactor project right? or did a screw up and paste a label in the wrong place
Like that. It just simply doesn't rescan and skip the step Build reactor core etc during the current unfinished step Test the reactor. It also doesn't show the damage of the reactor during the step Test the reactor

ok you're right the reactor project seems to be getting ignored even on a fresh save, but other projects are working which is probably why i didn't notice, pretty odd bug too, i'll try and fix it and get a patch up asap

turns out i dont know my own mod, i didn't have the research reactor plugged in so it seems like it works fine for me, are you sure you have the research reactor plugged into your bench?

TrEvIzE

Thanks for patch for plutonium.
Anything happen with led status of reactor?
I got simultaneous red and green light, plain or flashing. I cant found logic behind it.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/6580/iv6GDi.png

Dubwise

Quote from: TrEvIzE on September 09, 2017, 06:08:02 PM
Thanks for patch for plutonium.
Anything happen with led status of reactor?
I got simultaneous red and green light, plain or flashing. I cant found logic behind it.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/6580/iv6GDi.png

Big blue light = cold and safe
Big amber light + chasing red lights = shutting down
Big red light + 3 solid red lights = Hot and active
Any of the above + chasing green lights = radiation leak detected
radiation symbol ++ = breeder mode
then for the fuel grid blue is new fuel, green is processable fuel, white is spent

These might change with updates

TrEvIzE

Thanks for the explain.
That's make sense, I maybe have a bug before update because I have a Big red and flashing green on operation.

Mishutca

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 09, 2017, 01:01:54 PM
Nope thats odd, that step shouldn't have a progress bar it just checks to make sure a reactor exists and that its connected to a turbine, its for the reactor project right? or did a screw up and paste a label in the wrong place
Like that. It just simply doesn't rescan and skip the step Build reactor core etc during the current unfinished step Test the reactor. It also doesn't show the damage of the reactor during the step Test the reactor

ok you're right the reactor project seems to be getting ignored even on a fresh save, but other projects are working which is probably why i didn't notice, pretty odd bug too, i'll try and fix it and get a patch up asap

turns out i dont know my own mod, i didn't have the research reactor plugged in so it seems like it works fine for me, are you sure you have the research reactor plugged into your bench?
Is it correct? It worked before the patch with this setup.

I just remove and buided the core again but no progress happend. Something is wrong bro.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Mishutca

Quote from: Mishutca on September 10, 2017, 02:19:32 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on September 09, 2017, 01:01:54 PM

Is it correct? It worked before the patch with this setup.

I just remove and buided the core again but no progress happend. Something is wrong bro.
Okay. I rebuilded and reconnected the core with steam and cold water pipes and finally finished the step.

henk

And what should i do with that nuclear waste? Can it be sold?
Also, is there any bunker i can hide colonists when nuking myself? Currently only energy shields help.

Dubwise

Quote from: henk on September 10, 2017, 09:39:26 AM
And what should i do with that nuclear waste? Can it be sold?
Also, is there any bunker i can hide colonists when nuking myself? Currently only energy shields help.

mountains that are far from the blast should do the trick, and nuclear waste can be stacked in a mineshaft and left for a few thousand years

henk

I've found a bug.
If reactor explodes, you cannot build sarchophagus over it. I've figured out, that it is "passableonly" flag in buildingdefs. Changed it to "standable", and was able to build it. Not a serious one bug, but nasty, if you have molten core on your map (it's non destructible, even through console)

Dubwise

Quote from: henk on September 10, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
I've found a bug.
If reactor explodes, you cannot build sarchophagus over it. I've figured out, that it is "passableonly" flag in buildingdefs. Changed it to "standable", and was able to build it. Not a serious one bug, but nasty, if you have molten core on your map (it's non destructible, even through console)

yup confirmed, it used to work because i tested its build time vs rad exposure but i guess i moved some parent defs around and only tested it with god mode after that, i'll wait a day or 2 for other bugs to get reported before tossing out an update

bdole92

I don't know if this has been explained anywhere, but what's the curve look like for the standard reactor in regards to plutonium conversion? If i wanted to maximize the lifespan of my fuel rods would i want to pull them out at 50% and reprocess them or let them run down to 0% before pulling? Totally awesome mod by the way, can't imagine playing without it!

cascinova

Quote from: bdole92 on September 10, 2017, 03:34:03 PM
I don't know if this has been explained anywhere, but what's the curve look like for the standard reactor in regards to plutonium conversion? If i wanted to maximize the lifespan of my fuel rods would i want to pull them out at 50% and reprocess them or let them run down to 0% before pulling? Totally awesome mod by the way, can't imagine playing without it!

I'd love to know as well what gets me the most plutonium? run the fuel rods as long as i can or pull them out early?