[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

they don't need to be touching, it uses the same facility connection as standard research benches and multi analyzers, or tool boxes and workbenches

faltonico

Can you please make it so crafting or construction affects the speed of which the research advances when those are the skills needed?
I have a goodlike crafter who can't do research and it takes forever to complete the steps.

Dubwise

Quote from: faltonico on September 23, 2017, 04:29:06 PM
Can you please make it so crafting or construction affects the speed of which the research advances when those are the skills needed?
I have a goodlike crafter who can't do research and it takes forever to complete the steps.

Finally fixed that one for next patch, they all match now, and at the same time i just learned that you can grind chemfuel and medicine to skillup intellect

faltonico

Thanks for the fix!
On another matter, PPCs are behaving like batteries. By both producing Zzzzt events and by not losing their charge immediately after a power shortage.
I don't use something so unreliable as this rimworld batteries, i wouldn't like PPC to be the same, please fix those.

Dubwise

the PPC's are derived from the normal battery class else they wouldn't get charged by normal power, so they will always trigger the short circuit incident, only way to change that would be to modify the incident which i don't want to do since it might break other mods, or recode it all so that the PPC can't be used as a battery anymore and has to be charged directly from a turbine which would force you to use my reactors to be able to use the energy weapons, which i also don't want to do. If you don't like the short circuit event you could just disable it in the scenario

Madman666

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 24, 2017, 07:35:08 AM
the PPC's are derived from the normal battery class else they wouldn't get charged by normal power, so they will always trigger the short circuit incident, only way to change that would be to modify the incident which i don't want to do since it might break other mods, or recode it all so that the PPC can't be used as a battery anymore and has to be charged directly from a turbine which would force you to use my reactors to be able to use the energy weapons, which i also don't want to do. If you don't like the short circuit event you could just disable it in the scenario

Wow, and here i thought PPCs were protected from explosion event! I was going to have a big supply of energy for weapons, but now i don't think so. Its way too dangerous to have it blow up half the base, tearing some people to shreds just because storyteller decided to screw you over... Modifying "zzzt" event without harming other mods shouldn't be that hard with new patching system, right? Its not like you'll have to replace it entirely or something. Otherwise I just don't see myself using energy weapons much if their "ammo supply" can spontaneously erase part of my base on a whim.

Dubwise

Well i didn't get any complaints yet about the short circuits with PPC's but i made a harmony patch anyway which strips PPC's from the result in the battery scan, it means that for the incident to trigger it has to find standard batteries on the net with the ppc and then if they short it will discharge all the power from the ppc's on the same net too, so it gives you another reason to isolate ppc's from standard batteries.

Madman666

So PPCs won't blow up at all if there are only PPCs in the electrical grid and no usual batteries present then?

Dubwise

Madman666

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 24, 2017, 12:58:45 PM
correct

Well thats fine then. I don't plan on using regular batteries when I have more efficient solution anyway, thanks for clarifying that.

Moo

Quote from: Nanobytez on September 22, 2017, 12:10:17 AM
Quote from: Moo on September 21, 2017, 11:41:49 PM
Is there a wiki for this mod or anything? I'm sure this is something I'm just stupidly missing, but how do I load fuel rods into my reactor?

Make sure you have a reactor console connected to the reactor via loom cabling. Then select a pawn and right click the Reactor Control console and it'll say "Manage reactor" It'll bring up the reactor UI. Clicking a box will "load" a rod in that cell.

Sorry for the delayed response! That's exactly what I'm doing. I've clicked the thingy to load the rods, but the rods are never actually loaded. I've left this screen up for almost a day with idle pawns and there is no change.

https://imgur.com/a/sVuOl

Dubwise

Quote from: Moo on September 24, 2017, 03:11:28 PM
Is there a wiki for this mod or anything? I'm sure this is something I'm just stupidly missing, but how do I load fuel rods into my reactor?

Make sure you have a reactor console connected to the reactor via loom cabling. Then select a pawn and right click the Reactor Control console and it'll say "Manage reactor" It'll bring up the reactor UI. Clicking a box will "load" a rod in that cell.

Sorry for the delayed response! That's exactly what I'm doing. I've clicked the thingy to load the rods, but the rods are never actually loaded. I've left this screen up for almost a day with idle pawns and there is no change.

The reactor is still active, hit scram to shut it down then the fuel can be installed

Moo

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 24, 2017, 03:24:00 PM
Quote from: Moo on September 24, 2017, 03:11:28 PM

The reactor is still active, hit scram to shut it down then the fuel can be installed

Ooooohh! Hey lookathat, it worked. Thanks!

DanielRyo

Hi
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I can't seem to be able to build any weapons. I've completed all of my researches. build reactor and everything but no weapon at all, not in security tab not in workbenches, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
and also can't load fuel rods into the storage pool. I select a pawn then right click on the pool but it doesn't give me any option.
Thank you so much and well done.
The mode is great, Wonderful.

Dubwise

Quote from: DanielRyo on September 24, 2017, 04:22:42 PM
Hi
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I can't seem to be able to build any weapons. I've completed all of my researches. build reactor and everything but no weapon at all, not in security tab not in workbenches, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
and also can't load fuel rods into the storage pool. I select a pawn then right click on the pool but it doesn't give me any option.
Thank you so much and well done.
The mode is great, Wonderful.

The storage pool uses loading bays which act like the equipment rack, its a slot that can be hauled to based on the storage settings in the tab, so designate fuel for hauling like you would slag or rocks and then it should be hauled to the loading bay on the pool.

And do you have the energy weapons research project in the rimatomics research bench? it should be one of the first projects alongside the research reactor