[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChairmanPoo

MrDoritosMan

Alright, you are officially king of all modders, im so hyped about this update!

bonmar14

Super hyped for the releas of the mod just a question when do you think the mod will be released on your opninion

Dubwise

im not sure, i might be on the bug fixing phase in the next few days

Rhyssia

Looking pretty awesome, if you need anyone to scour the XML let me know.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Dubwise

Still working on it, think research is done, going back through the UI and status lights to finish all that off now.

Research reactor and connected bench, the cherenkov radiation glow fades in when its powered on, and the reactor connects like a multi-analyzer, required to unlock research.

Showing off dark rooms with status Leds and computer screens lit, the blank space on the screen will show the same status light grid as the cores. The red lights on the cores show if its cold hot or shutting down, the computers also sound sirens and flash warning screens during meltdowns. Bottom right is the plutonium processing machine, it can take partially or fully spent rods and convert them into plutonium and a drum of waste, the plutonium can then be used to make warheads or be mixed with some uranium to make MOX fuel rods, so you can recycle some of your fuel once its spent. You can also see some turbine blades, you need a lot of them to make a turbine.

Here's the 3 cooling options, at the top you have large radiator systems that can be used inside for heating large bases, their heat output matches the total energy they have to cool but they have very limited capacity but enough to get you started. In the middle is the dry cooling tower which provides a huge amount of cooling but also requires thousands of watts, use these when you don't have any water on the map, which leads on to the one at the bottom which is water cooling, low power with same amount of cooling at the tower, but it requires a decent sized body of water for placement

profit

Oh my goodness.. Such Fission..  So Splitting.

That looks fantastic. 

Dubwise

New method for opening the reactor console ui, you tell a colonist to go use it like a comms console and then the ui pops up, the game keeps running and the pawn stays at the console until you are done. This also means that like the image below shows, you can have multiple controllers open at the same time and move the windows around, I'm making a minimize button so you can shuffle them around easier, but the pawns still have to be present at the console or they close.

The standard gizmo buttons along the bottom while the console is selected will be for flick jobs, so if you press the shutdown or scram buttons in the ui its instant because a pawn is there, if you press the scram or shutdown gizmo buttons a pawn has to walk over and flick it, i'll probably also add flick buttons to designate all rods for insertion or removal if you want to quickly fill or empty a core without needing to pop the ui.

Also the UI isn't finished yet so that will probably change a lot and be more compact

Codexehow

profit

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 21, 2017, 08:00:19 PM
New method for opening the reactor console ui, you tell a colonist to go use it like a comms console and then the ui pops up, the game keeps running and the pawn stays at the console until you are done. This also means that like the image below shows, you can have multiple controllers open at the same time and move the windows around, I'm making a minimize button so you can shuffle them around easier, but the pawns still have to be present at the console or they close.

The standard gizmo buttons along the bottom while the console is selected will be for flick jobs, so if you press the shutdown or scram buttons in the ui its instant because a pawn is there, if you press the scram or shutdown gizmo buttons a pawn has to walk over and flick it, i'll probably also add flick buttons to designate all rods for insertion or removal if you want to quickly fill or empty a core without needing to pop the ui.

Also the UI isn't finished yet so that will probably change a lot and be more compact

That looks so amazing!  I can hardly wait for V3.     Also I was thinking you had mox, and you have nukes... Would it be possible to make Radioisotopic Stirling Generators from the plutonium as well?  It would be cool to have portable 500 watt generators that you could carry on trips and generate heat and power with, that you could install and uninstall at whim...  Maybe use in your rover if you are trapped on mars.

Dubwise

Done, added the RTG from marsx, uses 1 plutonium @ 500w, enough for 2 remote drills, or a drill and heater/cooler and light

profit

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 21, 2017, 09:28:16 PM
Done, added the RTG from marsx, uses 1 plutonium @ 500w, enough for 2 remote drills, or a drill and heater/cooler and light
<3
That is so awesome =)   I shall have my rover trip across mars yet!   

thorpey949

Dubwise

Quote from: thorpey949 on February 22, 2017, 08:50:00 AM
Can you use this mod on A16?

All these screenshots are from the a16 version that i'm working on now

ChairmanPoo