[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Rimatomics adds nuclear power and energy weapons, and a custom research system guides you step by step through most of the features, with a few details being left for you to figure out. The nuclear power system scales from kilowatts to megawatts, with options for combinations of different types of cooling systems, turbines and reactor cores - plus upgrades. To make use of such massive amounts of power, an assortment of energy weapons has been added, microwave area denial systems, tesla coils, high energy lasers, railguns, anti mortar systems, threat detection, drop pod scramblers, many types of upgrade modules, and nuclear weapons.

Releases
Steam workshop

Drill for oil, process into chemfuel, plastic, composites, napalm

Releases
Steam workshop

Author - Dubwise

How to install:
Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the game Rimworld to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
OWNER - Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the terms accepted when purchasing Rimworld (https://ludeon.com/rimworld/EULA.txt),
the OWNER has full rights over their MOD.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
MODPACK - A collection of MODS
1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE RIMWORLD GAME, PARTS OF RIMWORLD MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
All derived works must be free and it has to be clear that the derived work is derived from this MOD, if they are made public.
Also a link to this Page has to be included.
5.MODPACKS
You may add this MOD to any MODPACK, but if the MODPACK is public then you have to include the OWNER's name and a Link to this Page.
(optional) It is appreciated if you let the OWNER know that this MOD has been added to a MODPACK, but this is not required.

kaptain_kavern

Woah! That look quite complex. I will like that

Thx for the mod and CongratZ on the release

Ramsis

I don't know who the hell you are but I love you and the modding slack would love to have you! Do you mind if we throw you an invite? I'd just need your permission to forward your email to one of our Slack mods.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

skyarkhangel

:O
Now i can make own Fukusima in my colony. Awesome & Amazing.

Deimos Rast

#StopPluginAbuse

Facepunch

It looks so good, but I'm back on A13 'cause mods that no longer have authors.

lude

this looks really great, is there a v1.0 for a14? ah well I have to switch anyway

Dubwise

Dubwise

Just updated to 2.1.0

Update: 5 Sep @ 2:55am
Fixed cooling % using turbine count instead of cooler count
Fixed raiders being able to build nukes
Fixed errors when control computer isnt connected to powernet
Supressed some warnings
Fixed rotatable buildings
Fixed fuel rod usage resetting on save
Fixed incident conditions, burst pipes and cracked fuel rods should now happen
Tweaked meltdown process
Disabled some non functional incidents
Cooling towers now only emit steam if they are being used by the reactor so you can see when spares are being used
Added some chinese translations

Deimos Rast

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 04, 2016, 10:09:53 PM
Fixed raiders being able to build nukes

But whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy;D

Thanks for the update anyway!
Also, what's your avatar?
#StopPluginAbuse

TheDirge

Is it supposed to take very long for the neutron flux to reach 100%?
and after spawning some radioactive slag with dev mode, colonists who where wearing full radiation suits still got radiation poisoning.

also i noticed i cant haul radioactive slag chunks despite of having build dry casks

Dubwise

pushed out another update v2.1.1

Fixed Uranium enrichment inspector to show progress %
Radioactive slag, cracked rods and spent rods can now be hauled to caskets, but must be designated for hauling first to prevent pawns without suits auto hauling
Multiple colonists can now haul to the same cask at the same time
Fixed a bug with meltdowns not finishing
Changed work effect to welding while contructing fuel rods and reduced the work amount significantly until i add unfinished rods

Dubwise

when you set a % for control rods it moves them to the new position and the neutron flux adjusts to match it over time to allow the cooling system to catch up, with 12/12 rods in the core it should take a very long time to go from a standing start to full power, i made control rods manual so it would require attention and generate incidents.

each part follows in a chain so neutron flux pushes core temp which pushes power output, and the cooling system ramps up and down trying to keep it at the temp you target. If you just yank out the control rods as fast as possible with a reactor full of fuel rods then the cooling system wont be able to keep up, and then you end up with a pile of hot slag for your elderly colonists to mop up if you are into that kind of thing :P

Also radiation suits don't provide 100% protection, just enough so that in the event of a meltdown you could use them to spread the exposure across many colonists hauling 1 chunk at a time, like liquidators at chernobyl that even with lead lined suits could only spend a few dozen seconds clearing slag until they had to be replaced. Or you can just pick someone to sacrifice as it takes 2 days to die from fatal exposure.

kurcho

First of all let me tell you this mod is amazing, it does its 1 job really well and its really well fleshed out. Good job!
In 2.0.5 and 2.1.0 ( don't know about 2.0.0, did not have my power plant ready before 2.0.5 ) dry casks would heat up rooms even when the casket is completely empty, is that intended or just a bug ?
Is there a reason to keep the neutron flux at 50% instead of 100% when you don't need the extra 50% worth of power ? Do fuel rods deplete at a slower rate when it is set at <100% ?

TheDirge

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 05, 2016, 10:55:43 AM

each part follows in a chain so neutron flux pushes core temp which pushes power output, and the cooling system ramps up and down trying to keep it at the temp you target. If you just yank out the control rods as fast as possible with a reactor full of fuel rods then the cooling system wont be able to keep up, and then you end up with a pile of hot slag for your elderly colonists to mop up if you are into that kind of thing :P

Also radiation suits don't provide 100% protection, just enough so that in the event of a meltdown you could use them to spread the exposure across many colonists hauling 1 chunk at a time, like liquidators at chernobyl that even with lead lined suits could only spend a few dozen seconds clearing slag until they had to be replaced. Or you can just pick someone to sacrifice as it takes 2 days to die from fatal exposure.

Gotta love the horrors of Rimworld