[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Thanks and hmm running it long or pulling out early  ???

Um well to get the most plutonium and uranium in reprocessing, with the standard reactor just let it run until its spent, in a breeder pull them out at 50% which happens to be the earliest time you can process them anyway, you will see a little radiation symbol in top right of each slot when the pu level is near its possible peak, moving fuel from a normal core to a breeder will mess with the ratio a bit and might actually be a little broken right now and i had to make sure i capped the minimum amount you can get, i'll probably require specific types of fuel for normal cores and breeders in the future and go into a bit more detail when it comes to the fuel. Right now each rod is considered to be a fresh natural uranium rod and then converts to generic uranium and plutonium at whatever ratio, eventually i would like to make it so the different types of fuel start with different levels of actinides and maybe get some proper conversion ratios working, and just flash indicators when its the best time to reprocess that fuel.

Dubwise

Im working on the next patch that has a couple of small fixes, im changing the way the breeder research works so instead of faffing about trying to get the right temp yourself you just have to open a reactor console and press a button to run the test, which turns the core into an unstable breeder for the duration which takes internal damage, meaning you have to consider your cooling capacity and integrity before hitting the button and then do repairs after. And i have removed breakdowns from the cooling towers and turbines, full breakdowns just forces you to have to build 2 of everything so instead im going to do my own malfunction system, minor problems that happen a bit less often than breakdowns and only effect capacity to cripple the building, and then catastrophic events that are maybe as rare as volcanic winters which could cause the whole building to shut down or worse and then require special parts to repair increasing downtime.

laokangz2

Hi  dubwise, now I am waiting for the update . you know what I thought. without this mod, i will not open a new game. can not wait to see the more stable version.

cascinova

I just wish there was a bit easier way to refuel. Its hard to micro all the pawns so that they dont get irradiated.  In the old versions I used to use Misc. robots and that worked great but now they die from radiation (which is either broken or silly IMO). 

You know what would be great? with rivers in the game now, and your turbine,  would it be hard to setup a hydro station? Of course I know its not easy, it would just be sweet if we could.

Madman666

Quote from: cascinova on September 11, 2017, 10:41:13 PM
I just wish there was a bit easier way to refuel. Its hard to micro all the pawns so that they dont get irradiated.  In the old versions I used to use Misc. robots and that worked great but now they die from radiation (which is either broken or silly IMO). 

You know what would be great? with rivers in the game now, and your turbine,  would it be hard to setup a hydro station? Of course I know its not easy, it would just be sweet if we could.

Thats actually a damn good idea. There isn't much point settling on a tile with a river right now, aside from watching pretty new water ripples animation from time to time. A hydroelectro station would be nice to have)) Something of an intermediate step between vanilla power options and ultra effective nuclear power.

Canute

Do you know
Water Power
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33656.0
which give you allready Water Turbine for river and tidal turbones for Ocean.

Ofcourse the ability to build a hugh reservoir dam would increase the power generation compared to regular water turbines.
But where to build this dam, same tile like your colony ? Hmm underwater construction isn't possible yet.
Second colony tile, and that tile became ocean/sea after you finished the project and deliver the power to your colony.
Or at the border of your map, where the river float in, then you just see the dam itself and the reservoir is just a virtual thing outside your map.

But i think i will stay outside of river tile and use regular or nuclear powersource.

cascinova

Hmm nice to know Canute, but that mod is a bit simple it seems.
The mechanics already exist,  there are already mods that allow bridges to be bulit.  So you build on the land next to the river, and span cross it, more span should = more power.  As far as damning the water , of course thats going to just be symbolically, as the game really cant graphically represent that.

tyriaelsoban

Uhm .. so i just built my first research bench, am i correct in the understanding that i have to buy the parts to begin projects on each page?

Dubwise

Quote from: tyriaelsoban on September 13, 2017, 01:09:05 PM
Uhm .. so i just built my first research bench, am i correct in the understanding that i have to buy the parts to begin projects on each page?
you have to buy the main projects from rimatomics, upgrade projects are free because its your own colonists coming up with them

VeeCee

I just built my first railgun, and I'm test firing it to finish the project...

... and it is way too much fun using it as a massive hunting rifle! :)

Dubwise

nice, I'm working on 1.0.8 and i added an artillery barrage button to the console which lets you designate all connected railguns to fire at an area on the target map, you can still do a precision fire mission with individual guns, the barrage is just for people with a lot of guns and a hell of a lot of power that want to rain hell. It reminded me of the buzzsaw from TA while i was testing it.

canadus

haha   ooo maaan,,
i remember the buzzsaw from Ta..
Loved it.. :)

cheers
Canadus

tapioca

Something bad has happened. I launched a nuke at the annoying Orion Corps and the fallout is coming for me!!! If I remove rimatics and then reinstall it will it save me? And if not how do I remove the radiation fallout?!?! Pls help!!!!!

Dubwise

Quote from: Tapioca on September 15, 2017, 11:49:15 PM
Something bad has happened. I launched a nuke at the annoying Orion Corps and the fallout is coming for me!!! If I remove rimatics and then reinstall it will it save me? And if not how do I remove the radiation fallout?!?! Pls help!!!!!

You can't remove it, that's just something you have to consider when launching nuclear weapons, if its close enough to your base then you might have to deal with some fallout for a while, but its ok because you had mopp suits and potassium iodide tablets ready for all of your colonists because you were prepared for the worst before launching nuclear weapons at your neighbors, correct?

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 16, 2017, 07:05:55 AM
Quote from: Tapioca on September 15, 2017, 11:49:15 PM

You can't remove it, that's just something you have to consider when launching nuclear weapons, if its close enough to your base then you might have to deal with some fallout for a while, but its ok because you had mopp suits and potassium iodide tablets ready for all of your colonists because you were prepared for the worst before launching nuclear weapons at your neighbors, correct?
Remember kids: Launch nukes responsibly and only with propper protection :P