[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 24, 2017, 12:58:45 PM
correct
They don't have to be connected to the grid, they just have to be placed =/
Well i guess i'll just delete the event from my save. I am not fond of random bullshit.
Thanks again for your work! I am really enjoying it.

Dubwise

DanielRyo

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 24, 2017, 06:15:00 PM
Quote from: DanielRyo on September 24, 2017, 04:22:42 PM
Hi
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I can't seem to be able to build any weapons. I've completed all of my researches. build reactor and everything but no weapon at all, not in security tab not in workbenches, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
and also can't load fuel rods into the storage pool. I select a pawn then right click on the pool but it doesn't give me any option.
Thank you so much and well done.
The mode is great, Wonderful.

The storage pool uses loading bays which act like the equipment rack, its a slot that can be hauled to based on the storage settings in the tab, so designate fuel for hauling like you would slag or rocks and then it should be hauled to the loading bay on the pool.

And do you have the energy weapons research project in the rimatomics research bench? it should be one of the first projects alongside the research reactor

Thanx
Problem Solved.
Again this is such a fabulous mod, I hope to see more mods like this in future.
Thank you so much for your hard works.

orphen

Hello! Congrats for the mod, bug report.
It seems that CE (I think) doesn't let the railgun weapon fire, it only targets, it's fully equipped will the railgun bolt.

Dubwise

Quote from: orphen on October 01, 2017, 03:28:03 PM
Hello! Congrats for the mod, bug report.
It seems that CE (I think) doesn't let the railgun weapon fire, it only targets, it's fully equipped will the railgun bolt.
I just tested it with CE and it works fine, make sure you have enough capacity in your connected PPC's, that the weapon console is manned, the target is outside the minimum range radius, loaded, not set to hold fire, and that there is a target acquisition system active.

DanielRyo

Hello!
This mod is absolutely top notch, just great but there's something bugging me.
The cooling tower responsibility is to cool down the steam that come out of turbines not cooling reactors.
Cooling the reactor in old steam operated reactors is achieved by supplying cold water to reactors using turbo pumps or any sort of active water cooling systems. In breeder reactors the core is cooled by liquid metals and in newer version of reactors (Generation III and Generation III+) such as ap1000 not only active cooling system is cooling reactor under normal circumstances but the passive core cooling system (after a station blackout) take over the cooling process.
In your mod the cooling tower or radiator is used for cooling the core and preventing a melt down using a coolant pipe which is only connected to the turbine, and cold water pipes are connected to nowhere but reactor core. Do you think in future, you might wanna change that? Just for sake of being more realistic.
Thanx for the good work.

Maeyanie

Having a problem loading fuel rods into reactors here too. At first I thought it might be the same as Moo had a page or two back, but hitting "scram" didn't help. On a hunch I turned on dev mode, and turned out it was giving this exception when someone tried to load a rod:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Zanita, Job=HaulModuletoCore A=Thing_ReactorCore2512785 B=Thing_FuelRods2513700, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Rimatomics.reactorCore.InsertRod (Rimatomics.Item_NuclearFuel rod) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Rimatomics.JobDriver_LoadFuelModule.<MakeNewToils>b__7_3 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=HaulModuletoCore, curDriver=Rimatomics.JobDriver_LoadFuelModule
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Full log: https://gist.github.com/e17836350be0a225cf2d108294377629

I'm using a ton of mods so it could be an interaction (though I can't think of any likely candidates), but figured it'd be best to report anyhow. If any other information would be useful, or you'd like me to try a binary with debug info to get a line number, please let me know.  :)

Canute

Little request,
can you add how many you craft at the crafting bills when you produce more then one items, like at the "make uranium pellets" ?

Special for firsttime user of this mod this would be very helpful. I notice i need 250 turbine blades and thought at first i need 250x50 plasteel, until i notice with the helptab mod i produce 50 blades at once.

Madman666

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2017, 02:55:43 AM
Little request,
can you add how many you craft at the crafting bills when you produce more then one items, like at the "make uranium pellets" ?

Special for firsttime user of this mod this would be very helpful. I notice i need 250 turbine blades and thought at first i need 250x50 plasteel, until i notice with the helptab mod i produce 50 blades at once.

I also mentioned that problem on Steam page quite some time ago. I feel that bills need to be a lot more informative about what you get for resources spent.

Dubwise

Updated to v1.0.8

All things should now stack correctly
Added french translation

Research:
Reworked the research UI to include some extra info like projects that are unlocked.
The research window is now scalable with your resolution and is wrapped in a scroll box if it's too small.
Breeder upgrade project simplified with a new test phase which can be run using a button on the console UI.

Nukes:
Nuking an outpost will now complete the quest to destroy them.
Increased range on the ICBM, guidance upgrade = global.

Energy weapons:
Improved target assigning on the HEL.
Fixed the range radius during placement on the ADS.
Fixed a bug when using ADS on non human targets.
Added a fire mission command to the weapon console which sets all Railguns to target an area for bombardment.
Added a warning message to the Railgun fire mission target select informing you if a map is not generated and to send a scout.
Turret based energy weapons now only idle turn when powered and a weapon console is manned.
Reduced the spread on the Railguns fire mission.

Reactors:
Removed breakdowns from cooling systems and turbine, to be replaced later with better breakdown events.
Added more critical alert messages for reactors such as overheating, missing turbine, missing cooling.
Updated reactor UI with drag select for slot designation, multi core select is always available, removed multi monitor toggle, added indicators for MOX fuel.
Reactor sarcophagus can now be built properly over molten cores.
Reactors leak radiation if damaged and continue to leak when shut down if they contain fuel.
Reduced heat output of the radiator cooling system.
Reworked the fuel reprocessing, now produces depleted uranium and plutonium.
Reprocessing now requires chemfuel.
Added MOX fuel as a unique type of fuel, produces more power in reactors.
Changed the power output curve of the breeder reactor, fuel in a breeder now lasts 2 years like the normal reactor and continues to increase in power output until it requires reprocessing.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2017, 02:55:43 AM
Little request,

Can't yet that will break saves because i would need to use the other type of recipe def, already tried on the steam version

Quote from: DanielRyo on October 02, 2017, 10:57:38 AM
Hello!
This mod is absolutely top notch, just great but there's something bugging me.
The cooling tower responsibility is to cool down the steam that come out of turbines not cooling reactors.
Cooling the reactor in old steam operated reactors is achieved by supplying cold water to reactors using turbo pumps or any sort of active water cooling systems. In breeder reactors the core is cooled by liquid metals and in newer version of reactors (Generation III and Generation III+) such as ap1000 not only active cooling system is cooling reactor under normal circumstances but the passive core cooling system (after a station blackout) take over the cooling process.
In your mod the cooling tower or radiator is used for cooling the core and preventing a melt down using a coolant pipe which is only connected to the turbine, and cold water pipes are connected to nowhere but reactor core. Do you think in future, you might wanna change that? Just for sake of being more realistic.
Thanx for the good work.

This reactor isn't based on any specific type, i just skip all the heat exchanger part between whatever you want to imagine the core is swimming in and the turbines and stick with basic elements of a reactor which all have to be connected, so there isn't any direction or pressure or thermodynamics or any of that on the pipes, they are just a way to detect that you have everything hooked up and i didn't want to add too many. I'm not really going for realism or to make it a sim, just something that's a little more involved than plopping a re-skinned geothermal that kicks out a gigawatt, and then i try to think of things that are kinda based on reality to spice things up, just like Rimworld

Maeyanie

The exception I reported above still happens in 1.0.8. Though I didn't re-make any of the parts before testing it, please let me know if you think that would matter.

Dubwise

Quote from: Maeyanie on October 11, 2017, 02:14:28 AM
The exception I reported above still happens in 1.0.8. Though I didn't re-make any of the parts before testing it, please let me know if you think that would matter.

It means that the pawn isn't actually carrying fuel when that part is trying to happen, but i can see that thing B is the fuel, i have no idea why that would happen, it hasn't been reported by anyone else, im guessing this happens everytime? have you tried flicking the slot designation off and on and using a different pawn?

Maeyanie

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 11, 2017, 09:05:35 AM
It means that the pawn isn't actually carrying fuel when that part is trying to happen, but i can see that thing B is the fuel, i have no idea why that would happen, it hasn't been reported by anyone else, im guessing this happens everytime? have you tried flicking the slot designation off and on and using a different pawn?

It does happen every time, at least in that game. I haven't yet tried making a new game and starting fresh, since I've been playing that game a long time now and don't really want to abandon it.

I have turned the slot off and on again, and tried different slots. I haven't tried a different pawn. Actually, I think that could be the problem, the person I was using is Zabrak, with the Humanoid Alien Races mod. I'll try now with a human colonist and report back.

Edit:
Just trying to insert the rod again with a human didn't work, same exception. When I used dev mode to delete and rebuild all the reactor bits (including remaking the fuel rod with a human crafter) it worked. So I guess there might be an interaction there... either that or just rebuilding everything did the job. Thanks for the help sorting it out.

Canute

QuoteUpdated to v1.0.8

All things should now stack correctly

New game !
But Reactor components still don't want to stack. And reactor components arn't stackable in the pallet (Extended storage) like at the previous version, since they arn't at the manufacture category.

Positiv the new stacklimit from the pellets.

Edit:
QuoteReduced heat output of the radiator cooling system.
Ok, i think you reduced it too much. Previously 1 radiator heat a real large area to +50C+.
Now 2 radiator with 4 fuelrod in a very small room barly goes over +10C.
Ok the outside temp of this colony is a bit deeper then the one before.
But i will keep watching it, when i add more fuelrods.

Edit2: Ok, after the strong winter went over, the temp. inside the small radiation room went to +50C.
I just thought in that small room the temp. should goes higher then on a larger one. I think you cap the max. temperatur.
But +50C are enough to exploid it with Redist heat to heat the rest of the base.

Another logic issue with the High Voltage transformer.
With 2 transformer i got a Powernet loadout with ~194%, doesn't matter if they are toughing or at different lines.
With 1 trasformer the powernet loadout goes down to ~115%.
From my understanding the loadout should be lower with more transformer.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]