[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

try the PPC's, they are 6x the capacity of a battery and 90% efficient, part of the energy weapon research. And the older versions had uranium enrichment but i removed it because i didn't like having a brewing stage making you wait to get your first reactor working, moved that phase up to making mox fuel

Dubwise

Quote from: inaudible on March 10, 2018, 02:53:58 AM
Has anyone managed to get the railgun working with Combat Extended?

Everything else seems to work fine, however the railgun states "Cannot load railgun (no sabot ammunition)".

I swear i had an answer for this in my steam discussions but i totally can't find it now, i think it might have actually been a extra turrets mod that was causing the problem and not CE because i loaded and tested CE on its own and the railguns worked fine, it was only the HEL that couldn't track CE's custom projectiles, then i think someone else confirmed which mod was causing it, try disabling any turret mods if you have them

BlainetheMono

I seem to be having issues with loading fuel rods into reactors, and unloading spent rods into storage pools. As an example I'll have 21 rods ready to load into a reactor, and somehow at the end of the process I'll have only loaded 12 or so and the others are no where to be found. As for the storage pool I'll load spent rods into the pool, say four of them, and upon removal and placement into a Pu processor it'll only register as loading one. I wouldn't be surprised if this is conflict with another mod but I'm really not sure what would be causing this so if anyone could help me out in resolving this issue that'd be awesome.

Edit: After looking at the xml for the fuel rods it says the stack limit is meant to be 1, yet my fuel rods get placed into stacks. I'm assuming this is where the problem stems from but why are they stacking when they shouldn't be? It also appears that if I remove spent fuel rods and then place them back into the storage pool they're reset to 100%.

Edit 2: I slept on it, and realized the issue was probably coming from OgreStack. After setting overrides for both fuel rod types to allow only stacks of one the issue is resolved. If anyone else runs into this issue all you need to do to resolve it is go into your savegame folder, find the overrides.xml file for OgreStack, and follow the included instructions to cap the stack limit to one.

inaudible

Quote from: dubwise56 on March 12, 2018, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: inaudible on March 10, 2018, 02:53:58 AM
Has anyone managed to get the railgun working with Combat Extended?

Everything else seems to work fine, however the railgun states "Cannot load railgun (no sabot ammunition)".

I swear i had an answer for this in my steam discussions but i totally can't find it now, i think it might have actually been a extra turrets mod that was causing the problem and not CE because i loaded and tested CE on its own and the railguns worked fine, it was only the HEL that couldn't track CE's custom projectiles, then i think someone else confirmed which mod was causing it, try disabling any turret mods if you have them

I saw your reply in the steam discussion - I disabled all my mods (and I don't have any extra turret mods due to having CE) and the railgun loaded fine in a new colony, but if I had CE + Rimatomics (and only those two mods) then the railguns would not load sabots.

Dubwise

just booted up ce to check and indeed they refuse to load, bit annoying but i worked it out, i changed the ThingRequestGroup in the ammo scanner from projectile to HaulableEver and they now load and fire, shame i cant filter to projectile but oh well if it works that will have to do, the fix will be in the next patch which i already started working on, no eta, the patch is all changes to the weapons, no reactor stuff

Thorbane

Is the reactor supposed to emit radiation while running?  Because I have a radiation detector next to my reactor and it's not doing anything.

Canute

On a normal running no.
Only when you overload it and the it got damaged like you need to do for some research projects.

Facepunch

I may be "Special" here, but uh, I can't figure out how to upgrade reactor components. I researched all the upgrades, clicked the icons that pop up when you select the reactor, and nobody seems interested in upgrading it. Not even a popup when I right click it.

Edit: Perhaps Im not as dumb as I think (Or perhaps I'm digging myself deeper into this hole), I finally got a popup, seemingly completely out of the blue, that says, "Cannot upgrade Reactor Type A (coreUpgradeFail)

Canute

Didn't used Rimatomic's for a while so i may be wrong.
You just need to select the core, then you got button for upgrade's.
And the reactor need to be shut down so your pawn's can work on them.

DooMJake

Did you forget to build the upgrades?
That happened in my first try

Facepunch

Quote from: DooMJake on March 29, 2018, 12:11:47 PM
Did you forget to build the upgrades?
That happened in my first try
That was the issue...Didn't realize I had to build the upgrades. Thanks.

Mehni

Just wanna express my admiration for this mod. It's polished from start to finish and just really enjoyable to play with.

I have but one teeny-tiny remark: when starting a reactor with flux levels at 0, it warns about "no cooling". This worried and confused me, because I absolutely had cooling. Then I learned to stop worrying and love radioactive fallout so I cranked that baby up to 100% and it purred like a puppy.

Definitely keeping this mod for my runs, because I love everything about it.

Dubwise

Thanks!, the no cooling alert is a bug i have fixed for the next patch, done some other fixes, fixes for CE, added extra bits of info here and there, extra stockpile filters, few number tweaks, and re-coded all of the energy weapons from scratch, always something that could use more polish!

Sliderpro

Hey. I liked this mod.

There are several things that were lacking IMHO
1) battery capacity. Basically I can surround my base with batteries for it to be enough. I suspect a bigger battery is needed as Rimatomic battery doesnt offer much capacity. it IS a problem on small maps.
IMHO 25K battery with same or bit larger size would solve this. As an end game solution.

2) I have dire raid mod and Glittertech and in very late game honestly 20 batteries were not nearly enough for ONLY 3-5 obelisks AND their power is a bit underwhelming. one fully upgraded obelisk shot does ~1\4 damage to one guy and there is like 80-100 of them. I dont think Obelisk is something that should be so easily to tank.
I think that obelisk should only hit torso and not limbs.. with more damage.. IMHO
Maybe tweak the module to +100% power +100% energy?

3) Manual target selection does not work correctly sometimes. I wanted obelisk to fire on neutral muffalo and it didnt fire. Yes, console was manned  :D

4) Railgun is kind of underwhelming... Lots of space, lots of recharge.. didnt like it. Didnt try depleted uranium though

5) There was a bug where I sent nuclear missile to refugee camp... for whatever broken reason I had. It didnt explode and ICBM icon just stuck on top of the camp even after it dissapeared.

Dubwise

mhmm all being changed for the next patch.

The original idea wasn't really to make you stack up hundreds of batteries but to have a reason to build larger reactors that can produce megawatts, but people would like to use the energy weapons without needing a type V reactor brimming with MOX fuel so i have changed all the numbers for the next patch, faster cooldowns and smaller pulse sizes, the pulse size was based on the range to target which was a feature i added so you could control the power usage but i scrapped that and its all flat numbers now, i also re-coded all of the energy weapons from scratch so targeting and a few other things should work better.

The problem with the damage numbers is that i don't play with mods so i don't know what modded gear and tech there is and what numbers they all have, i just go by whats in the base game which i know everyone has, i just did a quick test to check again and the obelisk at its default 80 damage almost always 1 shots every merc i spawn which is what i'm aiming for, these directed energy weapons are 100% accurate in any weather or light so its hard to compare it to a normal burst firing weapon that has massive variations to accuracy, and you can consider something like an arm shot on a juiced up merc as a miss, at least in the next patch you will be able to spam a lot more shots at those bigger modded raids.

The railgun wasn't really meant to be used in your own map very much, that's why i gave it such a large minimum range, and while the shell is comparable to an ordinary mortar its something like 4x faster, more accurate, and can hit a map 40+ tiles away so the main role is support for caravans and raids on other bases, the DU sabot rounds pack quite a bit more punch, and if you have 3 or 4 railguns loaded with DU rounds you can waste an ememy base in a single barrage, kind of like a reusable orbital bombardment. In the next patch i limited it to line of sight because of the round velocity but reduced the minimum range and pulse size, and i fixed stuff like multi-select on fire mission targets. I'm also testing a new type of short range railgun for the next patch which will be the new high end weapon that makes use of megawatts.