[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

NoCanDo

Rimatomics tab shows a blank screen. What am I missing?

Canute

You need to research Rimatomics at the regular research first.

Jiro

Does Rimefeller work well with Industrialisation?

Canute

Since Industrialisation isn't on the forum anymore i can't play it, but i think why not.
Rimfeller use different resource.

Hollah

The links to the zip files are broken.
thank you.

Canute

No problems here, use a different archive tool maybe.

Alchemist

Totally love these mods! 
(also thanks for removing that 16-18 construction/crafting skill requirement, it was a bit ridiculous to maintain)

But I do have a small bug report: obelisk lense module seems to not work. It displays improved range and lets you manually designate the target within it, but the weapon doesn't shoot until the target is closer. On the other hand, it shoots closer than the displayed minimal range. And the circle appearing when you hover over valid targets - it still obeys the range without the lenses, as the weapon actually fires. (tried to disable all other mods - the result is still exactly the same)

Engager

Yep, i have same problem here. Screen: https://ibb.co/kizf0V . I've checked out mod xml files and found record in Buildings_E_Weapons.xml that range of the unupgraged beam is 40 tiles (serch for <defname>Obelisk_Laser</defname> to find the place). On the other hand upgrade must increase range by 15 tiles (Rimatomics_CUpgrades.xml, <defname>ResearchObelisk_LenseModule</defname>). I've loaded the game and checked those values, indeed, it fired exactly 40 tiles as without upgrade, but shown weapon range is exactly 55 tiles, so it's only visual range had increased while beam range remains the same so it tries to fire at long ranged as supposed to, but weapon mounted on the building still has that 40 so no fire...

Vyatich

Hello, Dubwise. No steam version is no longer supported?

Canute

Mosttimes he use steam user as beta dummy since the workshop can keep the mod better upto date.
Once he think he made a new stable release, he will post it at the forum.

Vyatich

Canute, thanks for the explanation.

Dubwise

uploaded an update for Rimatomics, fixed the range upgrades on energy weapons finally, and the ADS sound effect getting stuck, also buffed the obelisk default range to match snipers, i think they changed in v1 but not sure

Dubwise

oh and i added support for a mod link feature where if you have the next version of hygiene running with rimatomics then you can enable water usage on cooling towers, meaning you will have to hook them up to water towers from hygiene, fill their 15,000L reservoir, and keep them topped up as they drift (lose water as steam), their cooling capacity will scale with their reservoir capacity. Also the next version of Rimefeller adds fuel pipe connections for gas boilers in hygiene, and fuel processors in rimatomics so their fuel comps get topped up directly from fuel tanks via pipes

sadris

Why isn't this oil well pumping anything?

The attached tank is completely empty.

edit: nvm my pipe was accidentally deconstructed.

[attachment deleted due to age]