[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadus

hi there..

any idea of when this is gona happen ?

"oh and i added support for a mod link feature where if you have the next version of hygiene running with rimatomics then you can enable water usage on cooling towers, meaning you will have to hook them up to water towers from hygiene, fill their 15,000L reservoir, and keep them topped up as they drift (lose water as steam), their cooling capacity will scale with their reservoir capacity. Also the next version of Rimefeller adds fuel pipe connections for gas boilers in hygiene, and fuel processors in rimatomics so their fuel comps get topped up directly from fuel tanks via pipes"

Cheers
Canadus

Dubwise

i already added that, check mod settings

canadus

that sounds great.. thank you,,
what about
Also the next version of Rimefeller adds fuel pipe connections for gas boilers in hygiene, and fuel processors in rimatomics so their fuel comps get topped up directly from fuel tanks via pipes"
?

cheers :)

Dubwise

yes that's all already in, just tick the boxes in the settings

canadus

thats just fantastic.

thanks for your answer.. now.. im off playing rimatomics

thanks alot for making the mods..
cheers
canadus

MSP1978

Hello,

i'm new to this mod, started it yesterday together with the star wars mods :-)
Is there an manual or informations what buildable part is what for?
I don't understand the different reactors for exsample :-)

I also don't know how to get the resources for running a reactor. I tested it with the dev mode how it could be but the reactor is only a black hole with parts in it, not like i've seen on the different pictures on the web.

Dubwise

you can't really use dev mode to try it out, the best thing to do is play normally and go through all of the custom research which has pretty detailed instructions

82ab53e4

A feature request about Rimatomics. Bzzzt event with Rimatomics amounts of stored electricity is really crazy. No nukes needed after explosions like that. Can you add some kind of project about electricity grid safety?
I know about RT Fuse mod, but this mod is not designated for Rimatomics amounts.

Canute

Normaly Rimatomic's batteries are short circuit proved.
Yep you be right such an event with the hugh amout of stored energy you need for the weapons would be devasting. Dubwise allready notice that early and prevent that.

If that still happen, you should post a logfile after that happen together with the modlist so he can invenstigate into it.

moonra

Oh, so I should only have PPCs and no vanilla/mod batteries? Good to know.

Madman666

PPCs aren't circuit proof. They blow just like vanilla ones do, but since they have more capacity, they blow with a bigger bang. Asked Dubs same question, he said if you don't wanna have nukes going off each time something shorts - manage your power grid properly (as in use separated ppc pockets, use transformers and etc.). You don't want to have many charged PPCs on the same grid, not cut off by a switch. Or use RT Fuses.

moonra

Well, I'll keep them on a power switch like I was doing before, I guess.

Quote from: pryr on January 23, 2019, 03:09:05 AM
A feature request about Rimatomics. Bzzzt event with Rimatomics amounts of stored electricity is really crazy. No nukes needed after explosions like that. Can you add some kind of project about electricity grid safety?
I know about RT Fuse mod, but this mod is not designated for Rimatomics amounts.

You could use "SS Battery Fuse" for that.

Canute

Quote from: Madman666 on January 23, 2019, 05:18:04 PM
PPCs aren't circuit proof. They blow just like vanilla ones do, but since they have more capacity, they blow with a bigger bang. Asked Dubs same question, he said if you don't wanna have nukes going off each time something shorts - manage your power grid properly (as in use separated ppc pockets, use transformers and etc.).
Hmm i must have missed that question/answer.
So far i remembered at B18 they were safe.

Madman666

Well i had 10 of them blow up, which resulted in couple dogs blown to bits, so i went to ask Dubs and he confirmed, they aren't short-circuit proof. When i asked him why and to make it protected, he declined and said i suck at power grid planning and i should use all the means mod offers. As in trasnformers, separate ppc pockets and separate grid parts, so if one blows, it won't be a disaster and explosion will be of manageable size.