[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

With the latest Rimefeller update I have synthylene floor blueprints scattered across the whole map on former mountain tiles.
They appear in clusters of 2-6 tiles and cannot be canceled, only forbidden. The only way to remove them is with devmode.
Should I delete them?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kori

The replaced tiles were compacted machinery before the update.
When I disable Rimefeller and load the map they are back.

Dubwise

I have uploaded updates for both mods

Rimatomics:
Added support for Combat Extended, Punishers can load and fire, HEL's can track and shoot down mortar shells.

Added drop pod scrambling to the ATOM upgrade for the TACS, enable on a SACS, prevents pods from landing in the center of the map.

Rimefeller:

-Added a mod setting to disable coloured materials, works with saves & defaults all materials to plain versions, useful if you don't care about colours or you are using Dubs Paint Shop.

-Completely changed the oil grids, but saves should still work & shapes shouldn't change.
-Oil fields are now single objects, wells tap into the whole field & it has a total capacity.
-Oil well pressure stays constant for a long time and then starts to fall, oil fields can regenerate.

-Resource console now has a custom bills tab, add bills for refineries to do work.
-Use the console to to set a min & max range on oil & fuel storage so wells or refineries stop running when the max is reached and start up again when the minimum is reached.
-Use the console to set a stockpile count for when to stop pumping fuel into cans.
-Limit the crafting skill level range allowed for the console manning job.
-Improved the job drivers for manning the console and drilling wells.
-Improved the fuel pumps, each pumps their own fuel rather than first empty spot on the net being filled to full first.
-Slowed down oil spills, but they now drain the oil field.
-Shrunk the power plant and reduced its power output but made it minified.
-Added a massive rotatable power plant.
-Added napalm refinery.
-Fixed remove pipe designator not showing the pipe grid.
-Fixed pipes not connecting to valves when flicked off.
-Other general refactoring and and tweaks and things i already forgot about.

If you like my mods and the updates then here's my donation page ;)
https://ko-fi.com/T6T6MYO0

Kori

Will this update fix the compacted machinery on existing maps?

Dubwise

i have absolutely no idea how that would have happened, nobody else reported anything like that, there must be a mod scooping up random resources to make terrain out of that's my only guess, if its to do with the coloured materials you can disable them in the mod settings now

I'm only just really getting into both Rimatomics and Rimefeller, but I'm already having lots of fun with it. I was wondering, though, whether it would be possible to add further connections to your "Bad Hygiene" mod. For example, I think it would be pretty neat if you could use some of the waste heat of the nuclear reactors, or maybe of the new, bigger chemfuel generators, to heat water directly and feed it into your hot water system/boiler, either by adding a compatible pipe system and "heating capacity", or by adding something like a "heat exchanger" building you can place next to these bigger, heat producing machines, that can heat water piped through it. I guess that wouldn't be too useful if you already have a massive oil industry or a proper nuclear power setup going and have more than enough power to just use electrical heaters, but I thought it would be nice to have that option nonetheless. I think it would, for example, also make a lot of sense if you could do something like that with geothermal generators, maybe at the cost of lower power generation.

Dubwise

people ask about that kind of stuff fairly often, i don't really have the time, but the thing is that you have so much excess power already that electricity is the best way to transfer energy from reactors to central heating in a controlled way, and if you are using rimefeller then you can just pipe chemfuel directly into gas boilers which is the best way

Canute

In older versions i used Redist heat mod to transport heat from the radiator room to my base.
But Redist heat mod currently don't works well anymore and the mod auther don't got the passion anymore to work on it.

When i tried to use a Radiator on 1.0 it put my base on fire. A 5x5 Radiator room connect to a 25x25 garden room, connected with 5 vents.
The resulting temp. even melt down the radiator itself (+1000°C). As engineer i miss a safty circuit to prevent a self destruction.

But honestly the hygiene mod allready got good/effective tools to heat/cool your base. And Rimfeller or Rimatomics give you so much power to operate it without problems.

Quote from: Dubwise on February 05, 2019, 07:43:56 PM
people ask about that kind of stuff fairly often, i don't really have the time, but the thing is that you have so much excess power already that electricity is the best way to transfer energy from reactors to central heating in a controlled way, and if you are using rimefeller then you can just pipe chemfuel directly into gas boilers which is the best way

I guess I should have known.  :D I just didn't know how difficult/time-consuming it would be to implement that, so I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm also always RP'ing a bit, so I try to save energy wherever possible, and try to "waste" as little oil as possible (as in not burning it and instead turning it into Synthamide and friends), too. I should probably upscale my nuclear plant a bit, anyway. I currently have 9 fuel rods in the smallest reactor available, running at ~25% flux (?) because I'm scared about blowing my colony to kingdom come. When I get to the weapon systems, I'll need a lot more power than the ~17kW that my current setups provides, anyway, I presume.

Quote from: Canute on February 06, 2019, 03:17:51 AM
In older versions i used Redist heat mod to transport heat from the radiator room to my base.
But Redist heat mod currently don't works well anymore and the mod auther don't got the passion anymore to work on it.

When i tried to use a Radiator on 1.0 it put my base on fire. A 5x5 Radiator room connect to a 25x25 garden room, connected with 5 vents.
The resulting temp. even melt down the radiator itself (+1000°C). As engineer i miss a safty circuit to prevent a self destruction.

But honestly the hygiene mod allready got good/effective tools to heat/cool your base. And Rimfeller or Rimatomics give you so much power to operate it without problems.

I'm actually using the "Climate Control" mod already to climatise my lab/drug/nuclear stuff room, and use radiators from the "Hygiene" mod to heat up the rest of the base (and cool my freezer down using "Hygiene"'s freezer unit), because I'm currently playing on a map where air conditioning is pretty much superfluous (boreal forest). The only thing that currently generates heat in my base is one of the buildings that deals with crude oil (either the derrick or a cracker; both are indoors), and at the moment I just dump any excess heat into the environment (a gas vent from "Remote Tech" gets turned on by a Heat Sensor Switch from "Power Logic" whenever temperature exceeds 20°C). That is probably over-engineered and/or wasteful, but I like building little "systems" like that...

christianmc1101

What´s about adding some things of my idea into Rimfeller? The option to produce chemfuel out of energy would be a great addition (maybe even with Rimatomics?)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47964.0
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Canute

Gas is only the aerially form of oil. Basicly all the things you can do with oil you can do with gas based on carbon too.
But gas is harder to handle then oil.
So when the mod author replace oil with hydrocarbon resource, it would include gas too .

christianmc1101

Not exactly (Natural gas is CH4, Oil is a mixture of different Hydrocarbon-chains), but I get it. I just want a Methode to produce that with power+water(+CO2) (and not so magic/easy like the vanilla one...) and buildable.
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Canute

Basicly you can create from (CO2 + H2) or CH4 any other hydrocarbon chain.
Currently it is rarely done, because it need alot of energy.

Dubwise

Pushed updates for Rimefeller and Rimatomics.

Rimatomics:
Added multiplayer support.
Added gore to marauder and punisher hits.
Increased armour penetration on marauder and punisher.
Added critical hits to tesla and obelisk.
Tesla and obelisk now only fry corpses if they get a critical hit.
Improved icbm - bug fixes, increased speed, draws over fog.
Increased icbm speed.
Made nuclear blast more deadly.
Added abort launch button on silo.
Added abort countdown on warheads.
Fixed research step check bugs.

Rimefeller:
Added multiplayer support.
Fixed oil grid saving.
Added pipe connection to pod launchers.
Added bill tab tooltips and an alert for the new bill tab.

canadus

Thanks alot Dubwise

Apriciate your work :)

cheers
Canadus