[A17] Feed the Colonists

Started by Gutsnipe, August 28, 2016, 08:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutsnipe

Feed the Colonists

About
Feed the Colonists is a utility mod that allows you to create 4 simple, fine, or lavish meals. As well as creating 4 stacks of kibble or pemmican. Work amount is 3.5X what it would normally cost to make 4.

I created this mod because I didn't like having a colonist spending a large portion of the work day creating meals for a hungry colony. It'll still probably slow down a bit once you get more and more colonists, but this is definitely helpful for smaller/medium-sized colonies. Especially when you value everyone eating well.  :)

Setting "cook until you have" is based on number of items in stockpile, not number of times job performed. In this way, Cook Until you Have 4 means you'll cook up to 7, and still have a few left over in the stockpile by the time the job is queued up again.

Originally made for Alpha 14, updated for Alpha 15 on 2016-08-28, Alpha 16 on 2016-12-21, Alpha 17 on 2017-05-24. You can download this mod on steam, or from moddb.

Please leave a message on the steam page if you need to contact me. :)

Job Requirements

MealWork to Make
Simple Meal300
Fine Meal450
Lavish Meal800
Pemmican600
Kibble300
4 Simple Meals1050
4 Fine Meals1575
4 Lavish Meals2800
4 Pemmican2100
4 Kibble1050

Download

Alpha 14 and higher version on Moddb:

License / Reuse
Anyone is free to add this mod to a mod pack or edit it to fit their needs.

Give a thumbs-up on steam if you like this mod!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Nerd as on the Internet

AseaHeru

alpha_omega

Would it be possible to put up the A14 version for download?  Thank you!

subarctic_guy

Can I get a link to the A14 version, please. I'm still playing an A14 colony.

Gutsnipe

Hey guys, I uploaded a version for 0.14.1249 which does not include the kibble recipe on ModDB.

You can find it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/feed-the-colonists/downloads/feedthecolonists-a14
Nerd as on the Internet

subarctic_guy

Stonn

Such a good and logical idea! Will try it out asap :) and quick update to A15 that was!

nachtfalter

Rock5

I think it's enough of a time saver to do less hauling, it doesn't need to take less time to cook. I might change it to be 4x work when I use it.

You know what would make even more sense? Why limit it to 4 meals? I would think the limit would be how much the colonist can carry. So if a colonist can carry 75, they will carry 70 veg and then 70 meat to make 7 Lavish Meals. If you have a bionic cook that can carry 90 then they make 9 Lavish Meals at a time. That would obviously be more complex to make work though. And it may be that you wouldn't want to take that long cooking.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

asquirrel

My download times out on ModDB.  Would you mind giving another manual download link?  I could d/l it from Steam workshop but then I need to rip it out of the steamapp folder to keep it with my other mods.  Thanks! :)

AseaHeru

Also times out for me. For various reasons(Mostly my not using steam when possible), downloading it from the steam workshop is not an option.

FoxXeL

So basically it is Bulk Meals mod without the 8 meals?

O Negative

Quote from: FoxXeL on December 30, 2016, 04:50:28 AM
So basically it is Bulk Meals mod without the 8 meals?

This is like Bulk Meals, but kinda better ;D lol

I had no idea this mod existed before I wrote that one. :)

Edit: @Gutsnipe I've included a link to your mod in my mod's thread.
Mine isn't nearly as popular as yours, but I figured it appropriate given your seniority :)

bills6693

I'm going to assume he meant the old bulk meals mid that's not been updated for a few versions. You used to build a bigger (4 tile) cooker to be allowed 4 and 8 meal options but had to be more skilled for the bigger meal bills. Was a very good mod and this one seems to be doing a lot of the same.

O Negative