[A15.1279] Bug with Lucy and anti-malarial decay timers.

Started by Ashery, August 28, 2016, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashery

So I decided to play around with a test game to see how the new drugs worked out before diving headlong into a new A15 game and I noticed the bug.

And this is what the guts of the bug look like.

Notice that the alcohol addiction and stoned statuses both have a negative severity change per day (And smokeleaf tolerance would as well if it were visible), but the malari-block severity change is positive and there's no associated stat for Lucy at all. It's been nearly nine days since I took the only doses of the two bugged drugs, so things definitely aren't behaving as intended. The malari-block bug can likely be fixed by adding in the missing negative sign, but I'm not quite sure how Lucy is supposed to behave. For now, I'll just keep the game running to see what happens. Maybe the addiction flag didn't trigger for it?

NolanSyKinsley

Lucy doesn't have an addiction change per day because it is instantly and permanently addictive with even a single dose, and it's result for not taking it is insanity then death, there is no way to reduce your addiction to it.

The malari block is positive as it is using that stat for the immunity against malaria, it takes time to build up immunity, the "severity" is the immunity rather than addiction. I assume it is positive right now as you recently took malari-block, given a few days it should turn to the negative and you start losing immunity.

Ashery

Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on August 28, 2016, 11:31:55 PM
Lucy doesn't have an addiction change per day because it is instantly and permanently addictive, and it's result for not taking it is death, there is no way to reduce your addiction to it.

The malari block is positive as it is using that stat for the immunity against malaria, it takes time to build up immunity, the "severity" is the immunity rather than addiction. I assume it is positive right now as you recently took malari-block, given a few days it should turn to the negative and you start losing immunity.

You sure about that re:malari-block? Every other drug that's used bumps up the associated severity by some amount (Alcohol is <0.2, smokeleaf is somewhere around 0.5, etc) and then gradually drops over time, with the effect either disappearing at 0.0 or, in the case of alcohol, dropping from drunk to tipsy to warm to buzzed (hidden) as the effect approaches 0.0. And the 0.18 change for malari-block fits in nicely with a five day immunity period; you actually get around 5.5 days, but I figure there'd be some built in leeway so that someone who's asleep as their dose wears off will still be fully immune on a five day schedule.

And the value for severity hasn't changed for a full season. You take it, it instantly pops to "1.0 (reached max)," and then the severity per day stays at a positive 0.18 and so the dose of the malari-block never wears off because the severity stays stable at 1.0 as it can't increase over its maximum.

As for Lucy, it's not surprising that the effect is permanent, but there's no associated addiction being triggered; all I have is the permanent stat buffs.

NolanSyKinsley

Stop taking lucy for long enough and the effects will become apparent, or it may indeed be bugged. The malari-block I am not sure about, I was just saying what I thought was happening, should probably wait for Tynon to chime in for that.

Ashery

Yea, Lucy is definitely bugged. The in game information page for it says you need a dose every five to six days, but it's been nearly two seasons now and nothing has changed.

Tynan

Thanks. I'll have to fix these with an update.

Luckily I think they're XML fixes so nothing should break.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ItchyFlea

Bug confirmed for Luciferium. I have listed it on Mantis here: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2622 Thank-you for reporting this.

EDIT: I see Tynan is already on this. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Calahan

Quote from: ItchyFlea on August 30, 2016, 04:11:07 AM
EDIT: I see Tynan is already on this. :)
That's because Tynan's had his Go-juice this morning! Try some today and never be ninja'd again!!!