Sub task priorization

Started by kasnavada, August 29, 2016, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasnavada

With the new "number" of workshops, and basically with the default number of workshop, it's getting difficult to see who takes care of what. It's not a big issue with "one-shot" workshops like drug-making or stonecutting but still.

So I'm suggesting a rework of the interface following these guidelines :
(see image)

The subscreen part would appear by "selecting" or "clicking" the global work category. Middle click maybe ?

This supposes that it's possible to name workshops (so they appear with the workshop in the list).
Also, for "non workshop activities" like constructing, it would be nice if you could have the list like :
- build walls
- build furniture (anything with quality actually)
- build electric devices
- repair.
(And then delete the repair work category).

PS: yes I know my drawing skill are awesome.
PS2: and yes on the wishlist part, a global screen for global priorization that would be for all pawns would be nice.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

blub01

how about just moving all the crafting bills into a single screen, instead of a different screen (and priority list) for each crafting station. that way, you'd just tell your crafters to cut stone in the list, and they'd search themselves a stonecutter's bench and do it. you could also maybe show all possible bills, even the ones you can't do yet, which would tell you what you need for them, so if you want to make something, you can look up how to do it.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.