Started by walterneto, August 28, 2016, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterneto

Steps:

• Mine a room in the mountain
• Room has Thick Roof, you can't unroof it or anything else
• Build walls in this room, like a square
• Unbuild walls

Roof start to falls, like, wtf? Is this intended behavior?

NolanSyKinsley

How large was the room? Do you have a before and after save or screenshots? Did you put the walls up as you were mining the area?

walterneto

Was playing in permadeath :( and the colonist died x_x

I first mined the entire square room, then while after I put up the walls.
This is the room

NolanSyKinsley

Those walls are at the exact limit, if you mined out that entire room without the walls then 100% the roof should have collapsed.

walterneto

That doesn't make sense, because to put the wall there, I did mine the entire room  :o

It was a room 14 tiles wide, after the walls, 13 tiles wide, then removing the wall, 14 tiles wide again, and roof falling.

What's the logic?

Tynan

Can you explain more precisely? I don't know what the issue is.

What happened?

What did you expect to happen?

In step by step point form, what steps can I take to reproduce the bug from scratch?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

walterneto

Mine a 18x14 room inside a mountain.
Guarantee it has a thick roof.

After you mine it, everything ok.

Build a wall around the room, making a 17x13 space.

Then start to unninstal the walls, the roof will fall.

My point is, the roof should have fallen while mining, not after unbuilding a wall which roof was already supported by the mountain.

Maybe the game has different behavior for 'mountain walls' and built walls, where built walls will allow less roof... don't know

Calahan

Quote from: walterneto on August 28, 2016, 08:26:29 PM
Mine a 18x14 room inside a mountain.
Guarantee it has a thick roof.

After you mine it, everything ok.

Build a wall around the room, making a 17x13 space.

Then start to unninstal the walls, the roof will fall.
Can I please ask if you are sure that the above is the exact order you did things in the diagram you posted in the OP? At no point did you build some wall sections before the mining was finished? Because if you try to dig out a 14x14 mountain room then the roof will collapse. Here is a diagram and save games to illustrate this. (save games are v.0.15.1279).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97382000/Mountain%20Roof%20Test.rar

In the "Before" save game I have dug out a 12x14 room. There is no roof collapse because it is within the maximum roof support distance (6 tiles from support, so 12 tiles wide in total). I have also ordered the room to be mined out be 14x14.

At some point during this process the roof will collapse, and between 1-4 sections (depending on the order the tiles were mined) of "Collapsed rocks" will appear in the centre of the room. You can mine these collapsed rocks until there is only 1 left, but once you mine that section then 4 new sections will appear because these collapsed sections were acting as the roof support and so the roof will collapse again once the last support section is mined. This is demonstrated in the "After" save game.

If you still think there is a problem here then can you please post a save game file(s) demonstrating it, because the steps you provided lead to the roof collapsing while trying to dig out the 14x18 room (or 14x14 in my example).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

walterneto

Ooooh I probably may have built 1 or 2 walls to pass some power conduits.. my bad. It was so early game that I didn't remember.. sorry.

Please disconsider this topic.

Calahan

No problem. And thanks for posting again to confirm a non-bug. Much appreciated,

I'll close this thread now.