[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mst

Quote from: Canute on February 02, 2017, 01:47:54 PM
Kurt, maybe you use old version ?
I use crystalloids and faction disc. too and don't got problems/error.

Did you maybe add Faction discovery to an existing game ? In the past that was possible, but i am not sure if this is currently working.
Yep, to existing one. just downloaded Crystalloids and Factions Discovery minutes ago for the first time. Actually it is my first modded playthrough so I make lots of mistakes and ask lots of dumb questions ;D

Mst

Turns out these guys are too shy to go out naked so there's no option to add them mid game. At least haven't worked for me.

Somehow I managed to get this new error now. It's for a faction from Cthulhu and the same message for Asari. Could not get new name.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.NameGenerator:GenerateName(RulePackDef, Predicate`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.NameGenerator:GenerateName(RulePackDef, IEnumerable`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
FactionDiscovery.MainUtilities:EnsureAllFactionsArePresent()
FactionDiscovery.MainUtilities:CheckFactions()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

omg I'm so bad at this

Orion

Quote from: Canute on February 02, 2017, 01:47:54 PM
Did you maybe add Faction discovery to an existing game ? In the past that was possible, but i am not sure if this is currently working.
That's actually the point of the mod. So if you start a new game anyway, you don't need this mod (until all the features are back).

@Kurt: The faction mods cause me problems all the time too, so you're not alone with this. The error you've got there you can best post it with the faction mods.

Mst

@Orion I guess this is not a major error. Just can't name some new factions. Now all my Asari (both new and old) a just called Asari and agencies from Cthulhu mod called Agency only with different colours. It's funny because I swear at least the ones I started with had unique names before. Now even starting new colony does not give them names and continue to call them Asasri and Agency with no error showing. Must be some kind of a whole multi-mod interconnection error. But I can live with that :D I think I've already bothered people too much with questions for the past few days. Just got exiceted with so many possibilities ;D
Thank you for your amazing work and all the help!

Orion

You can always edit your savegame and name them there...

Mst

Quote from: Orion on February 03, 2017, 01:23:40 PM
You can always edit your savegame and name them there...
Nah. I'm good for now. Maybe next time if I won't fix it.
Thanks for the tip!

Dagoras

Hey Orion,

i really like your mod but there is 1 thing that annoys me concerning defeated Factions.

Youre mod checks for races and spawn 1-2 factions for it, however i now defeated both pirate factions and no new one spawns, because the defeated factions are still in game ( in the tab they are listed as defeated ) is it possible that defeated faciton automatically get removed from the game ( and the ingame tab ) so the next time you load a game and faction discovery checks for races/factions, it spawns new ones? Because i really like raiding bases and thats pretty much all i do right now, but once i defeated everyone their factions are just listes as "defeated" and stay in game and no new ones spawn...

Thanks in advance and it would be awesome if you can make that :)

Dagoras

Orion

Hey,

I don't think I should do that. It sounds like a thing the next person is going to complain about again.
Should I get around to improving this mod again, I might make it a mod setting.

Right now I'm a bit burned out on modding, though, so don't expect too much.

Dagoras

Ah i see, yeah its hard to make everyone happy, if i could mod i would do it myself, but all tries ended in endless checking loops for the missing faction that slows the game heavily down sadly...

if you got some time and energy maybe add it as an optional option ( submod ) or add-on dunno, i would like it but if you think its a bad idea then dont do it, then i must find a way to get around of it, maybe extend my programming skills and try it on my own :D .

Thanks for the reply thought.

Ruisuki

Does this work with more vanilla factions?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29246.0

Also I read the first post, do you still plan on adding features akin to this? Sounds cool
Quote from: Exende on August 29, 2016, 10:15:00 AM
You naming your mod as such gives me thidea of actually sending out pawns to discover new factions in the world (a la misc. Mod), and either returning with gifts given by faction leaders or returning with a mood boost for 'exploration'
Quote from: Orion on August 29, 2016, 11:37:28 AM
I am sorta planning something like that long-term. Until then it's just the name...

Orion

I don't see why it should not work with More Vanilla Factions. Although it won't add them mid-game for you.

The funny thing is, in the previous alpha I had those features. But due to lack of time and interest, I reverted this mod back to it's core function.

Ruisuki

Ah thats a shame. Theres no point in adding more vanilla factions if faction discovery wont make them show up on the map ya. Would have to add more vanilla factions for a brand new game, in which case i wouldnt need faction discovery for it.

Zeitresu

Hey Orion, I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed your Faction Discovery (and the Hospitality) mod for a long time now.

Hope to see continued support for your work in A17, RimWorld just isn't quite the same without it!

Orion

I'll try my best to make some time for updates!

kaptain_kavern

By just updating the targetVersion tag in About.xml the game launch with the mod activated but I have no time to check if it works well in game