[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sefer

Hey Orion. I may be incorrect but I coulda sworn this mod had an option for hiding all or most of the factions bases and other stuff like that? I think there was also a thing where until they visited you, or you encountered them, they wouldn't appear in your faction list? (I think their base would still be invisible until you found it, but you would atleast know their name and see them in the faction screen.) Was that this mod? Because it was a really really awesome feature.

Orion

Yeah that was this mod. When RimWorld added the round world map, I discarded all this stuff, though, since I would have had to rewrite it and focused only on the utility aspect of using the mod for spawning factions mid-game.

sefer

Aw. Any chance it might make a comeback? That stuff added some real uniqueness to the game. Not being able to know where the bases were made it more, lore friendly? Cause I mean, why would we automatically know where they are situated? Having it all hidden and not knowing how they feel about you until you meet them is more realistic. Well in my opinion anyway :P

Orion

Oh, I totally agree. With the globe it'd be much better too. But the thing is that I don't play RimWorld anymore, so I'm also not spending much time on new features either.
And modding is quite a time eater.

I was considering setting up a Patreon so people can donate for new features, but then I doubt they could agree on what those features should be or that enough would come together to cut the time out of my schedule.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but when you don't play anymore, modding is just an unpaid job  :-\

Canute

At last we are happy you still read the forum and respond.
And you 2 babies err Mod's are essential part of many Rimworld player.