[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Well done!
I am considering moving them to a separate mod. But since it would break the save games of people who do have them, I have to come up with a save way to do it first. Not everyone hates them :P

kcirdor

I'm not sure if it would be this mod or the Hospitality mod, but I've had the Spacer Refugee event happen a few times since I installed them, and I appears that the spacers never attack after the Refugee's pod lands.  I assume it is because I don't know the Spacer faction? i dunno. Maybe it is completely unrelated.

kcirdor

I have one suggestion, maybe make the starter factions level appropriate.  I spent a good 30 minutes randomizing Pawns for a Crash landed start only to be saddled with one of the hostile Commando factions that probably came from an entirely different mod.  First raid the dude came in full power armor and a incendiary pulse rifle.  Which my wooden walls and wooden dead fall traps had little to no effect on him. He just beat down the wall and killed the visiting caravan and wiped my colony after day 2 or 3.  I hope I still have the save for that one because I didn't check my wealth but I didn't start with anything special besides a Warg for my random pet.

Orion

Good point. Although I blame the other mod for not having low level units...

Jdalt40

Hey Orion, are you aware that this mod has major memory issues? This mod when I installed it made the game allocate 600 MBs more for some reason, it even crashed my game?

Here is the crash report if you want it :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Thanks for the report. But what makes you think it's this mod, and not, for example, the mod that adds "DiseasePlus" which fails to initialize correctly, or RTMadSkills, which errors out?

Or maybe this mod is instantiating another faction, which then causes the memory leak?

Jdalt40

Sorry about my comment being kinda 'blunt', I was tired when my game crashed and I may have been peeved for just a simple report. What is weird is that I disabled DiseasePlus a couple of days ago, I noticed it in the output log but I put it off for some reason.

I think what made me think it was this mod was because the crash happened when I opened up the map on both occasions of it crashing, I just thought it was down to something about your mod loading up factions midgame but not placing them on the map so when I opened up the map it tried to reload the textures.

I really don't know what caused this crash considering my game has never crashed within the 2 years of playing Rimworld, so sorry if this isn't your mod's fault in this crash, all I know is my game jumped from 2.4GB to 3GB in allocated memory before the crash and when I removed this mod it went back to 2.4GB.

TDLR, I have no proof that this mod caused the crash but I have proof that it caused a 600MB memory issue, might have to keep checking to see if other players have the same issue

r4ky

Hi Orion, i have a really really huge bug with your mod it just killed my game, not a save game but the entire game, wasn't able to play anymore, creat colony etc...

i give you the link of the support topic i creat to ask help, i have tell everything and post a log too and my problem isn't 100% solved so can you check it please?

Thanks

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26487.0

Orion

@r4ky: I have found your problem and responded to your post in the other thread.
@Jdalt40: I'll see what I can find. I can understand how annoying this is, especially if you can't do anything to fix it.

Jdalt40

Quote from: Orion on September 30, 2016, 07:02:02 AM
I'll see what I can find. I can understand how annoying this is, especially if you can't do anything to fix it.
Don't worry too much about it though, it could just be a huge coincidence that it crashes with the map open. I don't want to put too much stress on you, considering you have already done a amazing job on these mods!

Orion

For those who are not using the Steam version, here's an

Update
Changelog

Orion

@jdalt40: If you're not using the Steam version, try and see if this update solves your problem. I couldn't get any further information from your crash log. Could you upload your modlist?

Jdalt40