[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbielinski

Heyo, just wanted to say that I love the mod, I always felt the world was a bit too empty and loved having more of an inter-faction relationship aspect. Just wondering, will it be ported to Alpha 16?

Orion

Due to the A16 changes with the world map, I don't know exactly yet how this mod should function. So I'll first focus on restoring the functionality of "hot plugging" new mod factions.

Orion

Update to A16!

Changelog

1.16a - 06.01.2017
- Updated to A16
- Removed all non-essential features, now only does what it says on the label

Helixien

I love you!

I hope this is added to the vanilla game down the road! Makes life so much easier!

nbielinski

I'm glad to see you're still working on it, I love the mod to no end. Small problem though, it seems to not like Alpha 16. At all..

https://postimg.org/image/vkbpkcj7l/

kardofaces

I had same issue. Not sure if intended so I'm leaving it off for now.

Orion

That looks like an old version. I've rebuilt and uploaded it again. Could you download the file again and try it now?

Make sure you delete the mod folder and don't just overwrite it.

nbielinski

It's working! Well, I can't add more factions via the scenario editor but heck, I won't complain Everything seems to be working fine. Just one question, is it possible to use the dev commands to force a faction discovery?

Grishnerf

yeah in devmode i think under execute incident with...
and then  Faction found command.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Orion

Sorry, I had to take all the whistles and bells out to make this version available earlier.

Orion

Please try again now. The freezes should be fixed.

A Friend

Wait, how would this work now with the new world map feature? Haven't tried it yet.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

lacrimi512

I have like 18 factions right now, and every time i reset the game, the mod create another 4 or 3 factions, how i shut it down?

Grishnerf

yes. i got extra factions only the first time i acitvated it on a running save.
after that when you saved the first time with this mod active, it shouldnt add more factions.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Orion

@lacrimi: That's odd. What do you mean by "reset"?