Getting error on start up that I don't understand with my Turrets Mod (solved)

Started by Kilroy232, August 29, 2016, 03:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

This is the error message I am getting, if anyone understands this I would love a little help on this one. Thank you!

UPDATE - trying to load a game anyway results in these errors.
There is something in my mod (the current version available for download if you feel like looking through it) that is making it so all items have the same value as wood... literally making every item in the game wood.

If I deconstruct metal, stone or anything I get wood.

Jaxxa

The first message looks to be informing you you need a Static constructor on startup to load your images.

The second one looks to be the same as Hatti and I am having:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25076.0

Hatti seams to have a fix for it in that thread, but I have not managed to fix it in my mod yet.

The drop-pod and hash issues are likely the result of a cascade error.  Something else is causing errors in other parts of the game engine.  It is quite common for errors to cascade in RimWorld.  You will likely have to enable mods one-by-one and restart each time to check for validity to find the culprit.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Kilroy232

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 29, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
The first message looks to be informing you you need a Static constructor on startup to load your images.

The second one looks to be the same as Hatti and I am having:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25076.0

Hatti seams to have a fix for it in that thread, but I have not managed to fix it in my mod yet.

I hate to seem like I am new to this but what is a static constructor? And or how do I implement something of the sort?

As for a solution to a cascade error I think I will have to start by cleaning up my code

Kilroy232

Quote from: 1000101 on August 29, 2016, 05:34:23 PM
The drop-pod and hash issues are likely the result of a cascade error.  Something else is causing errors in other parts of the game engine.  It is quite common for errors to cascade in RimWorld.  You will likely have to enable mods one-by-one and restart each time to check for validity to find the culprit.

Unfortunately my mod is the only thing I am running besides the core game files, just not sure where to even begin for that reason

FIX YER MOD!  :P

Start comparing your defs to core defs to see what you're missing.  For example, are you missing abstracts?
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.